“No taste at all”

Ranked #376 of 548 Restaurants in La Rochelle
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had pasta bolognese and pasta carbonara, it tasted like can-food which they had prepared in the microwave. Service was ok, but the food was not worth the 11€ they charged for this poor meal. DO NOT GO HERE.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had spaghetti bolognese and spaghetti cabonara. Each was utterly bland, didn't taste fresh at all and was served up without any evident care for appearance. Each was akin to an unceremonious heap of noodles with a slop of sauce on top.

One unerring thing was also the speed with which the food arrived. Although it's nice not to wait too long, I'm somewhat suspicious of the quality of food if it is delivered to the table within a couple of minutes of ordering - especially a main course.

The parmesan served to accompany the main courses was powdery and clearly not fresh.

The food cost an average amount for the area, but other places actually vindicate the cost. This was simply laughable food, especially when there are so many great places to choose from nearby. I should've turned my phone on and checked TripAdvisor before even considering entering this place!

1  Thank idrinkpaint
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This restaurant is only just about ok but cost too much. I don't really recommend it, can hardly remember what I ordered as with anything if the effort was put in it could work, except for the starter which seem to be vegetables out of jars. Good location, lovely city, but more character required in the food which is. Of course the core of any restaurant.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We decided to have a change for one night but we were sorry we did, we should have realized by the empty table's in the the main restaurant.we ordered spaghetti fruits de mere.on arrival the sauce was tasteless and pasta was overcooked I couldn't eat mine and sent it straight back. My partner ate half of his because he was So hungry but also sent his back.

We got the bill, the two pasta dishes alone were over 30E, we called the manager over to complain about being charged especially as my meal was returned uneaten. He said "Most people like it, it must be just your taste" and then walked away. BE WARNED!!!!!!!

2  Thank wirralbarbie
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Nice looking restaurant, menu looked OK, although a bit pricey as it was near to the port front, 3 of us had pizzas which were absolutely fine, I however, had the plat du jour which was a steak and frankly inedible. When I was asked if everything was alright I explained I couldn't eat the steak but the waitress explained that they were not prepared to change the meal. This was our last meal in La Rochelle and a disappointing end to our stay. Why ask if the meal was alright if they weren't prepared to rectify the problem? 85 euros for 3 pizzas and me still hungry, not good!

1  Thank Helen R