“not one of our better choices”
Review of La Grand Rive

La Grand Rive
Ranked #378 of 617 Restaurants in La Rochelle
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we had 7 meals out in La Rochelle and this was the worst and to top it off the most expensive.the only good part was when we asked the waiter for a taxi it came straight away and did not rip us off.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (638)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sat near the back of the cafe lots of empty tables. Ignored by the waitress and I eventually had to ask if I could have a dessert and coffee. She said no I could only have a full meal. 2 men near by were chatting with empty beer glasses near them. I pointed them out and she said they were there for breakfast. This was at 11.45. SHe was so rude it spoilt my memory of la Rochelle.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Great position overlooking harbour and boats. Drinks a bit expensive but not bad value for food....we just had two entrees as a lunchtime snack and that was perfect for us. We sat in the front watching the people with their dogs and had a wonderful time. Very good service from friendly waiter.

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I chose the restaurant from the dozens around the port area. We have been disappointed before in La Rochelle as many of the restaurants place turnover before quality of food and service. This place was definitely not in that category. The waiter was charming and solicitous. So far so good.

My soupe de poissons was very good indeed, my wife’s Italian salad was super the large mozzarella and the melons and antipasti looked and tasted good.

The pavement tables are a great place to people watch! All in all a great pit stop.

All topped of with a pair of panache’s and a nice coffee, everywhere in the Eurozone is now expensive for us Brits now but nevertheless good value.

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Ordered two cocktails at almost 10 euros each. Awful. No alcohol just pop. Excellent location over the harbour but that’s what you are paying for.

Date of visit: July 2019