Review Highlights
Highly recommended

Really enjoyable tour and tasting with Damian - very friendly and welcoming and a great tour guide... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2021
TrevorMartin2009
London, United Kingdom
Didn't tour but still worth a visit for your palate...

We were unable to attend a tour due to other commitments but I just had a good feeling about this... read more

Reviewed October 28, 2019
Clare S

Recommended experiences in and around Cognac
from $57.62
More Info
from $386.04
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

I strongly recommend a visit to this cognac house if you are in the area. I visited with my wife and Father. The guide was very friendly spoke immaculate English, provide the correct level of information. We booked the lunch in restaurant and was amazed at the quality and the value. As a group of 3 we spend just over 100 euros for a 3 course lunch that would not have been out of place in a Michelin star restaurant. The menu changes daily based on local ingredients, we had a smoked trout starter, roast pork, with potatoes in a mushroom and truffle sauce for main course and the most amazing dessert with a selection of fruits with chocolate cakes. I was driving so stuck with water but my two fellow guests had a cocktail and we all finished with a very nice coffee.

There was no hard sell after the sampling of the cognac's in fact quite the opposite we could have left without spending a euro and not feeling guilty and this relaxed approach for me actually encourages me to spend more. A nice bottle of the XO which is simply an amazing cognac will be enjoyed long after my visit.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely tour of this Cognac House, over the years we have visited distilleries and wineries including a few local to here, but this is really pleasant and is informative without going on too long, which can be a problem for oldies standing around, the company display the work of local artists in the foyer, out of our price range but worth seeing. This leaning towards the arts is visible in the introductory film which I particularly enjoyed, although Meukow, please note if no one has already told you, the word Strength may be incorrectly spelt on your first video. The restaurant wasn't open on the day we visited but I think it would nice to have a meal then do the tour. I would certainly recommend a visit here in preference to one of the massive houses in the area. Note however that the product itself is very expensive, I think the XO is about 148 euros as a guide. Sorry forgot to say a big thanks to our guide, perfect English and very informative.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed May 24, 2016

We called in on the off chance to see if there was a tour available, unfortunately there was not an English tour available, but the lady in the shop was very helpful & firendly.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

We ended up at Meukow Cognacc after discovering you had you book for Remy Martin, and their was no availability!
We were offered a tour that started in 20 minutes, and when we returned it was just the two of us, so in effect had a personal tour from the engaging Monique, who spoke excellent English and had a great sense of humour. The tour was both stylish and informative and ended with a tasting of three types of cognac - really excellent value for money at 10 euro per person.
The main shop space also doubled as a gallery, where they frequently change the exhibits.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed February 28, 2016

We had French friends visiting for a few days and really wanted to experience a Cognac House visit. We investigated the big names than sprang instantly to mind - but decided we a) didn't want to go broke and b) didn't want to be part of a large tour group. Having done our research we were ecstatic to discover Meukow. They have a great website and we sent through a booking form. Florence responded in excellent English and we agreed a date for our 11 am visit and tasting (€10/head). We also booked to visit their stunning onsite restaurant for lunch (€28.50/head). We cannot recommend this Cognac House enough. WE FELT LIKE ROCKSTARS!!! The tour was superb - very interesting and well conducted by Lellia (pardon my spelling if that's not correct). She spoke excellent English and conducted a wonderful tasting at the conclusion of our tour. It was a great introduction to the Cognac product for us and we tasted several different ages of Cognac. We proceeded to the beautiful restaurant - decorated in "smart / luxe" style with black/white/orange tones, it was superb. Our set menu was a complete surprise and on the day we visited consisted of Foie Gras, Fish with vegetables and dressed with a cognac sauce and a dreamy nougat ice-cream concoction for dessert. Our server was Veronique and she was fabulous - discreet, efficient, smooth and a good communicator in both French and English which was wonderful for our mixed group. We cannot recommend Meukow highly enough. It was also our 22 wedding anniversary that day (a complete coincidence with our friends' visit) and we felt like we celebrated in style. We are in France another 3 weeks and may try to get there again. That's how good it was.

Date of experience: February 2016