“Delightfull once again”
Review of Remy Martin

Remy Martin
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Cognac
More attraction details
Owner description: All year round by reservation, the House of Remy Martin reveals its know-how, history and values. Rooted in exception and creativity, each of our 15 programs is accompanied by a tasting moment so that you live a unique experience (from 1 hour to 1 day) surrounded by a dedicated and passionate team. From April to September by reservation, the Estate in Merpins opens its doors to visitors. Aboard a train, discover in comfort the production facilities of Remy Martin cognacs.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Visited Remy approximately 15 years ago. Thought it was very good then so decided to indulge once again. Arrived at about 10.15hrs and were warmly greeted at the reception. Excellent value for money as it was only 18 Euros per person. We were informed that the first tour started at 10.30hrs. It was very intimate as it was just the 2 of us, although another 2 did join us 10 minutes into the tour. Amazing that their policy is to proceed whether it is 2 or 22. Plus points for Remy. Although our guide spoke excellent French he asked whether we would prefer the tour in English. It turned out that he had moved from the UK earlier in the year and lived only a few miles from where I had lived for 20 years. A very informative 90 minutes ensured with our friendly guide very knowledgeable on his subject. The tasting session was different to 15 years ago as they now offer canapés along with the Cognac. I had never thought of having food with Cognac. My wife does not normally like Cognac as she feels it is too powerful for her but she thought the food softened the taste and finished her glass before me !!.
You can purchase bottles after the tasting. I bought one that is only produced for the far east market and is not sold anywhere else other than in Cognac.

3  Thank MontycatPerth

Reviewed June 6, 2014

It's a very slick operation from the parking through the neat grounds to the welcome and beyond.
Our guide was excellent, and we understood it all as we had booked the English tour.
Having toured whisky distilleries and all the bourbon distilleries in Kentucky, the methods were familiar, in fact the stone buildings hosting the maturing barrels reminded us of the wooden rack houses in the USA, with the blackness of the fungus that lives on the "angels' share" very obvious, even on the tree trunks in the grounds.
The process was expertly explained and we saw various parts of the site, being transported in an electric vehicle when necessary. What annoyed me was that we were told not to film and to turn off mobile phones because of the heady and explosive atmosphere in the buildings, but still a couple of people ignored the request.
Before we went back to the visitor centre, we went into the oldest store and saw barrels of unbelievable antiquity with almost priceless contents, most of it evaporated to the angels!
The tour ended with a tasting of two cognacs.
It's very expensive so we didn't buy any. I'd never dare to drink it, I think at the price. But it was gorgeous.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am not a cognac drinker and didn't even sample them, but the tour was incredible. The facility was beautiful and the tour guide was very professional. It was very interesting to me about the history and the process. The tasting room was quite lovely and the 3 tastings were served with food. Quite classy! My husband drank my cognac, but I still felt it was very worthwhile. We were with a group of 18 and the cost was included, so I can't comment on value.

1  Thank Paula35805
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have been living in France for 6 years and this was the first time I can honestly say the service was beyond expectations. Th guide was so knowledgeable and friendly, the estate was sublime and the tasting was accompanied with gourmet food. The fee was only 18€ for 90 minutes and the tasting plus kids are free!! The guide was very friendly with the kids as well and they had cookies and juice instead of Cognac.
I highly recommend this visit!!!!

1  Thank SDoublait
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our group of 6 went on the "At the Estate in Merpins" tour at Remy Martin and we all enjoyed it very much. Our guide was knowledgeable, friendly and spoke excellent English. The tour was was well-orgainsed and we were told a lot of interesting information about the process of making cognac. A little train took us around the estate and we got to visit buildings where the different processes took place. The tour ended with a tasting of two cognacs and a small bite to eat (including a really delicious macaroon).

2  Thank delta004