“Informative tour with a boozy finish!”
Review of Remy Martin

and up
Private Guided Tour of Cognac House, Distillery and Cooperage from Angouleme
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Cognac
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit by train of the production site of our cognacs at Merpins from April to September. In an unique and authentic site, you are invited to see and take part in all stages of the cognac crafting, from its creation to its full development. Every tasting will be assorted with gourmet bites. Visits are free for children under 12 years old.
Hayling Island
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Informative tour with a boozy finish!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

It's a very slick operation from the parking through the neat grounds to the welcome and beyond.
Our guide was excellent, and we understood it all as we had booked the English tour.
Having toured whisky distilleries and all the bourbon distilleries in Kentucky, the methods were familiar, in fact the stone buildings hosting the maturing barrels reminded us of the wooden rack houses in the USA, with the blackness of the fungus that lives on the "angels' share" very obvious, even on the tree trunks in the grounds.
The process was expertly explained and we saw various parts of the site, being transported in an electric vehicle when necessary. What annoyed me was that we were told not to film and to turn off mobile phones because of the heady and explosive atmosphere in the buildings, but still a couple of people ignored the request.
Before we went back to the visitor centre, we went into the oldest store and saw barrels of unbelievable antiquity with almost priceless contents, most of it evaporated to the angels!
The tour ended with a tasting of two cognacs.
It's very expensive so we didn't buy any. I'd never dare to drink it, I think at the price. But it was gorgeous.

• Turkish first
Hoschton, Georgia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am not a cognac drinker and didn't even sample them, but the tour was incredible. The facility was beautiful and the tour guide was very professional. It was very interesting to me about the history and the process. The tasting room was quite lovely and the 3 tastings were served with food. Quite classy! My husband drank my cognac, but I still felt it was very worthwhile. We were with a group of 18 and the cost was included, so I can't comment on value.

1 Thank Paula35805
Bordeaux, France
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Tourist Attraction in France”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have been living in France for 6 years and this was the first time I can honestly say the service was beyond expectations. Th guide was so knowledgeable and friendly, the estate was sublime and the tasting was accompanied with gourmet food. The fee was only 18€ for 90 minutes and the tasting plus kids are free!! The guide was very friendly with the kids as well and they had cookies and juice instead of Cognac.
I highly recommend this visit!!!!

1 Thank SDoublait
London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our group of 6 went on the "At the Estate in Merpins" tour at Remy Martin and we all enjoyed it very much. Our guide was knowledgeable, friendly and spoke excellent English. The tour was was well-orgainsed and we were told a lot of interesting information about the process of making cognac. A little train took us around the estate and we got to visit buildings where the different processes took place. The tour ended with a tasting of two cognacs and a small bite to eat (including a really delicious macaroon).

Visited April 2014
2 Thank delta004
Croatia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you have time, go visit the beautifully organized Remy Martin domaine.
Lear about Cognac production, tradition in the modern days.
Extremely accommodating hosts, great tour!

Visited October 2013