“Incredible”

and up
Private Guided Tour of Cognac House, Distillery and Cooperage from Angouleme
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Cognac
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit by train of the production site of our cognacs at Merpins from April to September. In an unique and authentic site, you are invited to see and take part in all stages of the cognac crafting, from its creation to its full development. Every tasting will be assorted with gourmet bites. Visits are free for children under 12 years old.
Hoschton, Georgia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am not a cognac drinker and didn't even sample them, but the tour was incredible. The facility was beautiful and the tour guide was very professional. It was very interesting to me about the history and the process. The tasting room was quite lovely and the 3 tastings were served with food. Quite classy! My husband drank my cognac, but I still felt it was very worthwhile. We were with a group of 18 and the cost was included, so I can't comment on value.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Paula35805

• Turkish first
Bordeaux, France
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Tourist Attraction in France”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have been living in France for 6 years and this was the first time I can honestly say the service was beyond expectations. Th guide was so knowledgeable and friendly, the estate was sublime and the tasting was accompanied with gourmet food. The fee was only 18€ for 90 minutes and the tasting plus kids are free!! The guide was very friendly with the kids as well and they had cookies and juice instead of Cognac.
I highly recommend this visit!!!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SDoublait
London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our group of 6 went on the "At the Estate in Merpins" tour at Remy Martin and we all enjoyed it very much. Our guide was knowledgeable, friendly and spoke excellent English. The tour was was well-orgainsed and we were told a lot of interesting information about the process of making cognac. A little train took us around the estate and we got to visit buildings where the different processes took place. The tour ended with a tasting of two cognacs and a small bite to eat (including a really delicious macaroon).

Visited April 2014
2 Thank delta004
Croatia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you have time, go visit the beautifully organized Remy Martin domaine.
Lear about Cognac production, tradition in the modern days.
Extremely accommodating hosts, great tour!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Superann
Vancouver, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A very privileged tour”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had taken the combined Domaine and Maison tour (Estate and house), at 75 Euros per person. There was my uncle and myself.
I booked a morning tour, as the afternoon one was full.
Originally we were supposed to meet our tour guide at the Estate, about 4km outside of Cognac, then drive back and meet at the Maison. I had requested if we would be picked up at the Maison and then chauffeured to the Estate and back. They had no problems with my request, which was fantastic. I didn't want my uncle to have to drive, do a tasting, and drive back into town, do more tastings and drive some more. Much more safer this way.
The Remy House was only about a 15min walk from our hotel (hotel Francois 1er, great hotel btw).
We met with our tour guide at the Remy House and was greeted by Matilda. She was absolutely superb. She spoke great English, albeit with a French accent, but she is Polish.

Not sure what you call it, but she is currently studying in the field of wine, spirits, etc, so she knew her stuff really well.
I was expecting more people to join us for the morning tour, but to my surprise it was just my uncle and myself. So we sort of a got a private tour for just the both of us. The tour was supposed to last 3 hours, but instead went on for 4.

We set off for the Estate, and in her boss' Peugeot. I really appreciated all they did for my request to drive us. We visited the Estate first and was there for about 45mins, and had a tasting of Coeur de Cognac. This is in between their VSOP and XO. I actually bought a bottle of this and brought it back home.
Afterwards we headed back to the Maison and did the tour there and the final tastings. Great tour and Matilda answered all my questions with great explanations.

Now the tastings. We had three more tastings, paired with food, both sweet and salty, such as macarons, smoked salmon hors d'ouvre. We sampled three different kinds of Cognac but I only remember two of them, a VSOP and XO. I had a great time during the tasting, being able to taste the difference between the various kinds of Cognac. Near the end, Matilda asked us if we wanted to try another Cognac, and I obliged. We tasted the Centaur de Cognac. This is on a higher level than XO. Aged longer and costs about 900 Euros a bottle. Exquisite.

Good times and great discussions had extended our tasting an extra hour, without us knowing, not even Matilda. We only knew of the time when her colleague called the room to let her know that another group was going to do a tasting and that they had to prepare the room and Cognac tastings.

So even though at 75 Euros per person, my uncle and I got a private tour of the Estate and Maison, had extra tastings and an extra hour of tour time. We felt we got our money's worth.

Really recommend this tour.
If you have a group of 4, try the workshop where you make your own Cognac, for 100 Euros per person. I wanted to do this, but I only had two people in my party. I did the Cognac workshop at Camus instead, but it is 160 Euros per person, and not really worth it in my opinion if you can do the Remy one.

Visited August 2013