“good food and ambience”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is a lovely fish restaurant just opposite the station at angouleme. The food is of a high standard. My partner has taken me here a couple of times including Valentine's day and I have never been disappointed.
The food is well presented and very tasty. The tables are also well presented with white table clothes, although some are a little close together.
The staff are attentive and friendly.
I can highly recommend it.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

We keep going back as this is the best place for fish in town consistent always very fresh friendly service not cheap a la carte but worth it, menus are good value but limited in choice !

Reviewed October 25, 2011

went for lunch which was more affordable for us than the evening menu, which meant we didnt miss out on the superb food at the Terminus, right opposite the station in Angouleme but definitely worth the walk down from the main restaurant areas.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Firstly. the restaurant is in a strange location and at first we weren't sure whether to stay after driving round to find it. We had eaten in town at the casual eating places in the centre the last couple of nights so wanted something special for our last evening in Angouleme. On entering the restaurant we were pleasantly surprised as the decor is very nice and all the waitresses are dressed in black dresses and look very chic. The only problem is they think they are there purely for decoration. The manager greeted us initially but then we sat for a long time before menus appeared. We were getting annoyed as people came in after us and were fussed around immediately but we seemed to be abandoned and thought we were invisible. The only explanation we can think of is that we are British. Eventually I had to ask for the menu and then it was a very long time before anyone came to take our order. At this point we nearly walked out but we could see the food looked very nice as the people next to us just received their main course. There was a set menu which was 30 euros approximately and included oysters, so we went for that. The food was lovely but the waitresses look down their nose at you when they bring the food. There is a beautiful array of cheese wheeled to you on a trolley but the waitress in charge of it was most arrogant. I picked 4 different cheeses which she gave me as if she was giving blood and when I tried to see the name on one of the cheese boxes she gave the dirtiest look I have ever had and made no attempt to help. We both speak some French and we did order in French but they were most unhelpful and we felt as if we were not welcome. I would not recommend this restaurant, as it appears to be a fine dining restaurant but you get treated better if you go to Mc Donalds. We were in France for 2 weeks in total and I must say this is the only bad eating experience we encountered and most people bent over backwards to look after you, but not here.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

This is a serious restaurant. The decor is smart, modern but very comfortable, service very good (everything comes just before you noticed you wanted it, but there are no annoying interuptions) and the food is well-balanced and delicious. The wine list is interesting and very reasonable - we had a bottle of Chapoutier white Rhone for 21 euros, and I noticed that Clos de Cordeliers Saumur Champigny was 20.80euros, which is five Euros less than in a similar restaurant in Saumur itself!
Very highly reccomended - I think this chef will be in Paris soon....

PS you can park outside for nothing or just over the road for a Euro an hour, free between 12 &2 p.m.