“Worst Pizza ever!”

Le Pistou
Ranked #136 of 182 Restaurants in Angouleme
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pizzas Pasta home made food. Sunny deck and possibility to take away.
London, United Kingdom
“Worst Pizza ever!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed in Angouleme overnight on route to Spain,asked at reception for a Pizza restaurant but the one that was recommended was shut that night,so went here instead.What a mistake, expensive plonk and the most bland pizza's we have ever tasted.
Inedible ham and tasteless cheese.
Give it a miss.

• Visited September 2013

Angoulême, Poitou-Charentes, France
“the kind of restaurant which will pop your bike tires”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I will admit up front that I have never dined at Le Pistou, so I can't comment on the food. But I dont know if you want to go to eat at a place where a server would act like this.

I have lived in Angoulême for about half a year as a comics artist in residence, and went to have a drink with friends at La Souris Verte, a very pleasant bar whose terrace is just across from Le Pistou. I parked my bike outside Le Pistou, locking it to a street sign that belongs to the city and making sure that it didnt block the doorway. An hour and a half later, I went to get my bike and was notified by a couple who was sitting near it that my bike seat had been removed. The server, a burly dude with a bunch of tribal tattoos, came out yelling at me in french "does this look like a parking lot to you??!" and giving me a good dressing down for having left the bike there. I apologized, saying that I thought it wasn't in the way, but that I was sorry, and he gave the seat back. Then I noticed that he had slashed the tire as well.

My boyfriend and several people who were eating at the restaurant and had seen him pop the tire got into quite the argument with him, but he defended his right to slash the tire, seeing as how the bike was in his way. He was very agressive and got in all of our faces, and at one point it seemed like he was going to physically harm the partron who came to my defense. The proprietress of the restaurant defended her waiter, also yelling at me for parking my bike next to the door.

Whatever, eat wherever you want in Angoulême. I'm sure this place has passable food and it has a nice terrace. I probably should have parked my bike elsewhere. But its simply juvenile to do something like that. A grown man. Despicable.

ps: the best restaurant in Angoulême is Le Passe Muraille. Just go there instead.

• Visited August 2012
hanc france
“good affordable italian”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

we have been going to this restaurant for many years and if you are after good honest italian, pizzas, pastas etc this is the restaurant for you, they have outside seating in the summer months and is right in the heart of the action next to the bars and other restaurants, lovely to sit and watch the world go by.

• Visited July 2011