“Another lovely meal.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We ate here again at the request of a friend who wanted the Angolo L'Italia experience again. We had booked a table as it was the weekend of the Circuit de Remparts. The sun was shining and we were seated at a table on the terrace which filled up pretty quickly. The service was excellent and the waiter most helpful. He recommended the platter to share for an entrée, which although it was for 4 easily satisfied the six of us. Les plats were delicious if a little on the huge size which meant there was no room left for dessert. I would thoroughly recommend the sea food in sepia pasta which had an amazing assortment of shell fish and fruits de mer. For the size of the portions the prices were amazingly good value. Having eaten here on a number of occasions it is always good to go back to food of consistently high quality. If you have never eaten here before take a street map of old Angouleme to make it easier to locate.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great venue, very inviting and a reasonable menu, service was OK and prices reasonable in this part of town.

We has Veal Scallopini and a Fettucini, both of which we well prepared and presented but they both lacked the sauce that normally comes with these dishes and as a consequence were dry and much less appetizing than they should have been.

Not really good enough with so much good comment ion around. We would probably not go back.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I travel to Angouleme three or four times a year for work. I never go there without eating here. The food has always been consistently good. The food is quick to be served and comes out smoking hot. The service is good despite the fact that it is always busy when I go there. The servers have always been super nice to me even though I don't speak a word of French. In the summer they have great outdoor seating. I have eaten both lunch and dinner here and will always be back when I visit Angouleme.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

A wonderful place, a real find. There are lots or pseudo-Italian places in Angouleme - with some very bad pizza on offer in lieu of anything more interesting. But Angolo L'Italia is the real thing.
We were greeted warmly when we booked a table for the evening and again when we arrived and were seated at a lovely table on the terrace in this busy, buzzing restaurant.
Our waiter was attentive, charming, efficient (and cute!) The food is fabulous: entrees are enormous - huge plates of carpaccio, langoustine and salmon fume and the pasta is perfectly al dente (one of the best Arrabiata sauces I've ever tasted). A lovely experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Have been going to this restaurant for many years now and have never been disappointed, proper italian cuisine not pizza a favourite place to eat in Angouleme and outside seating in the summer.

1  Thank Karen R