Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Blue Sky-Sea Resort(Bohol Island)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Balai sa Baibai(Mambajao)
  • Beachfront
All reviewswelcome homethe ownerdive shopprivate beachchocolate hillsfishsan franciscodive staffscuba divingdelicious fooddaughter and son in lawcamera roombread puddinglocal ingredientstagbilaran airportspecial menucold towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Amazing, secluded paradise!
We arrived from manila - ekstremely tired and jetlagged. But when we entered the Amun ini and was welcomed by the owner who served us an icecold drink, and said: "Welcome home" - that's where our vaccaition started!
Amazing rooms, amazing beach, amazing service (we have been around, but never had a service like this!).
The only thing to put a finger on, was the food. At these prices it should simply be better.
It wasn't bad - just not amazing as the rest of the hotel.
But most definitely worth a visit!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank NDJMRA
Reviewed May 22, 2013

As stated above, im still lost of words of this unique resort, held in Anda. It was my girlfriend and I who had arrived and like what other travellers before me have said, they pretty much took the words out of my mouth...lolz.

I will say, the owner Fredrico, his loving family and I can not forget about the entire staff...........
Simply amazing.

Within my stay (May 9th - May 12th / 4days-3 nights), I have not ran into any hiccups. However, I have ran into an unexpected moment. I had booked this resort ahead of time (around late Feb or early March) and during my stay, I seen a promotion offer "stay 3 nights, get the 4th one free".
Emotionally, I wanted to shot myself in the head, but I couldn't do anything about it. My mentality was: "it is what it is". Oh well.
So, during our last dinner, the owner came to our table and asked us kindly if we had plans for the next morning. When I thought in my mind: "oh, maybe he is inviting us to a special breakfast or something before we have to check out", this guy asks us: "would you like to stay for one more night for free"???? I was shocked/speechless....lolz.

Now, how cool is that!!!!!!! I never was given such an offer like that ever. A free night in Amun ini, is like winning the California Lottery :)

Overall, I have to say honestly, THIS RESORT MAY NOT BE FOR EVERYONE. It is only for those who really want that total & unparallel privacy and relaxation all to themselves from their busy, noisy, stressed-out life.............. like myself.

Hands down, Amun ini (Fred and family/staff) has my Love and respect.

-Marcel Tango-

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marcel t
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband, 7 month baby and I, along with our extended family of 13 people, spent a wonderful 4 day stay at Amun Ini Resort in Anda, Bohol for Christmas 2012. I can't say enough positive things about our visit. When you arrive through the huge wooden doors, you see an outside living space, not a front desk or office. We were greeted warmly by the owners, Freddie and Karen, with welcome drinks as the staff brought all our bags to our rooms. The property is only 1-1/2 years old and you can tell it is a labor of love for the family that runs Amun Ini. It is thoughtfully laid out, beautiful natural landscaping, 16 intimate but spacious rooms and a "slow food" veranda restaurant that is casual in nature, but gourmet in taste!

The rooms are spacious, clean and modern with a Filipino aesthetic, crisp white and wood. Basics include: King size bed, mini-fridge, coffee station, flat screen t.v., couch, air conditioner, screened/glass sliding doors out to private balcony with chairs for enjoying the ocean view! (I believe all the rooms have ocean view at this time.) The bathrooms are huge - with a large walk-in shower (with rain shower and hand shower) overlooking private garden, large sink area facing a huge picture window (you never miss a view!), individual water heaters, plenty of usable storage (two open cupboards, bench) for unpacking, robes - and an important detail - lots of hooks and towel bars to take care of your shower towels, beach towels, bathing suits, etc. The rooms are very comfortable and they made every effort to meet our requests and anticipate our needs. We had two infants with us - so they had set up bassinets with mosquito netting (although we didn't end up needing) and highchairs for us in the dining room.

Excellent cuisine is also a highlight at Amun Ini. The daughter of the owners is professionally trained and worked in San Francisco for several years. She prepared a delicious menu using local produce to create international cuisine. There are no buffets or cafeteria food here. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, everyone in our group always left impressed and full! Plus, service was spot-on and presentation was beautiful. Big hits with our group were the coconut griddle/pancakes, the traditional Filipino breakfasts, pork terrines & pate, seafood fricassee, chicken kabobs, corn and jicama salad, ceasar salad, seafood linguine and bread pudding.

We also enjoyed the infiniti pool and easy access to the secluded beach (while still having access to drinks/water, restroom, swim equipment, showers and lounge chairs. A small spa area on the edge of property allows for outside massages.

By the end of our leave, we did feel like we were part of the family. Everyone is eager to return. Perhaps the biggest drawback is that it is a 2 hour transfer from the Tagbilaran/Bohol airport - but that's also what allows it to be quiet and secluded. I would say Amun Ini is a great place for couples, friends and families. We highly recommend it!

(My reference point: mid-30s & 40s couple living in San Francisco, but lived in NYC for 8 years - so we're lucky to have tried some excellent restaurants and spas! I'm professionally trained as a pastry chef. Traveled to over 20 countries, staying in everything from hostels to 5 star hotels.)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 232East
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After a stay at Amun Ini, I now know the meaning of "Picture Perfect"
Hospitality, enviornment, food, beach...Just pure joy.
The people there were friendly and very kind, the beach was great with powdery white sands (although due to the season, there were somewhat of pebbles on the beach), the ocean was clear and lots of fishes to see while snorkeling, pool was beautiful and the food at their restaurant! It was amazing!! I especially liked their Yogurt marinated chicken kebab and banana fritter. If you have any requests, chef is willing to prepare you anything you wish for as much as possible (if you have allergy etc.).. Just perfect

Since it was low season, we were the only ones in the resort..which wad so lucky for us, but we felt bad about it because everyone was keeping everything so perfect just for us.

The only down side I could possibly think of is that there were some Mosquitos while we dined..but they got mosquito coils, sprays and tried to make it better for us. Of course it's a open restaurant and its Philippines, there are Mosquitos everywhere so that's that not there fault. Hehe.

It's far from the Tabiglaran, 2 hours car ride, but if you like the peaceful, calm, beautiful piece of paradise, this is where you need to go to. It's worth it ;-)

全てが完璧でした。
従業員さん達のホスピタリティ、優しさや配慮、環境、海の透明度、食事…本当に素晴らしかったです!

海は透明でスノーケルをしているとお魚が沢山、砂浜は時期的に小石が多かったのですがあくまでも時期によってはある事、それでも白い砂は小麦粉のようで綺麗でした。プールも素敵できちんと手入れが行き届いていたし、お部屋も綺麗でバルコニーは小石が敷き詰められて素敵でした。
それに加え、レストランの食事がとても美味しい!
メニューにないものでもシェフに頼めばできる範囲で何でも作ってもらえます(アレルギー等)
特にチキンケバブとバナナフリッターは最高です♡

ローシーズンのためお客さんは私達だけ。私達には幸運でしたが、あまりに皆さんが良くして下さるのでむしろ私達だけのためにこんなに…と申し訳ない気持ちになるほど。
唯一の難点?をあえて挙げるとしたら、夕飯中に蚊がいたことくらい。オープンのレストランな上に南国なのだから当たり前ですが(笑)すぐ蚊取線香を焚いて下さり、ハーブの蚊除けスプレーを貸してくれました。

タグビラランより車で2時間。長いですが、もし静かで穏やかな楽園でのんびり過ごしたいなら絶対に価値ありです。

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in May. I have been on so many beach holidays before but this is the first time i have felt the urge to write a review on Trip advisor (I am in no way associated to this or any hotel)

The service has a very personal family feel to it - striking the right balance between feeling really welcome and privacy.
The food and service is what really makes this place unique. The food; where do i start: the reviews are true; the food is so riduculously good and such good value for money. The pork ribs, the bouillabaise...i could go on and on. After reading previous reviews, I asked for 2 kind of special seafood dinners that were not on the menu which had a more of a Philippino influence. Again, spectacular is the word that comes to mind.
Rooms: I am very picky when it comes to rooms. They were the right quality/size for the price. Its not the 4 Seasons but then again you are not paying 4 seasons prices. Overall solid 5 star beach resort quality rooms (and the wifi was good for me to check emails in the evening)
Beach/Pool: the beach like some reviewers mentioned is a bit rocky so do bring beach shoes, but this does not hinder you swimming in the crystal clear sea (a "must have" for me when it comes to beach holidays). I loved the whole secluded cove feel, and taking the kayak (free of charge - a nice touch) across the other small coves was nice. Really liked the infinity pool, which always was warm and a nice complenent to the beach.

All in all a great resort that really stands out for its food and service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple