“Money Shark, they will bite your wallet!”

Bohol's Dapdap Beach Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anda
Bohol's Dapdap Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Anda
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Misleading prices, according to the town tourist map a hut with fan is worth 700 and air conditioned was 1500, when we checked in they said they had no air con and they were full so we got the air con room but not for 1500 it was 1800 with forced breakfast we had no choice since we were there so we agreed, but after sometime we noticed that the resort was almost empty, there was only one more room occupied the next room to ours. "They said they were full when there are about 10 more rooms empty!"

We ordered lunch, fish and rice, since on the menu it was only fish written, they did not say what kind of fish it was so I asked and the lady answered it was a big tanigue fish, but when our order came it was not tanigue but a small Maya maya. :(

They said they had wifi, but my partner and I took forever searching for wifi connection but there was none, so I asked the lady in the morning and I was told wifi was only available in a small tent way farther back our room. Scary!

During our check out, I asked how much was a trike ride to the main road as the resort was a bit far, they said no need to pay for a trike ride. As there's a free van ride for guests, but when we were ready to leave we were I formed that van was not available and we have to ride their trike instead, I agreed, but I was surprised when we were asked to pay a hundred peso for that quick ride! Coming from town 3 times farther than coming out of that resort I only paid 50 from the public trike. And a bus ride about 2 and a half hour from tagbilaran to dap dap resort was only 100 pesos.

I will never recommend this resort, so please kindly look for another resort in the neighborhood!

Room Tip: There's no good room as its seem to be fully booked of maybe invisible guests?!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gracy L

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The place wasnt welcoming at all, the food was terrible and the resort wasnt kept Well.
We had an ok sleep In a aircon bungalow, but couldnt wait to leave the next morning.
The area has great potential but it seems like they spend all their money on bungalows and left nothing for the common areas. It felt like there hasn't been a guest for months.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank StupidMiles
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My entire story is below, but in short: Dapdap is relatively cheap, but it's not worth it. It has a beach, but that's about it. I recommend you look elsewhere in Anda.

My cousin and I, two males in our late 20s, came here because it was the least expensive place in Anda listed in the Lonely Planet. We arrived around 9:30pm, meaning it was dark and late, so like it or not we knew we had to stay here. After seeing 4 adequate rooms which were pretty much the same and all adequate - not nice by any means, but adequate - I began negotiating. It took a long time to get the price down from P900 to P700. The girl negotiating with me was extraordinarily unprofessional, making whining noises like an 8 year old and complaining that she was tired and wanted to get to sleep. So did I. Since the room did not have a ceiling fan, I requested an additional oscillating fan before agreeing. Just that single point took at least 10 minutes to negotiate. The boss (via proxy) wouldn't give us that, so I finally caved, paid for the first night, and signed the guest register. This was a bad sign: over the previous week or so only 4 guests had signed in. Once we were in the room, the staff knocked on our door and demanded prepayment for our entire stay. I already had a bad feeling about this place, so I simply refused to prepay.

When we woke the next morning we could see why. It had a decent white sand beach and some beautiful limestone cliffs, but that was about it. The grounds appeared neglected for a long time. The hut that had stood next to ours at some point was just rubble. There was almost nowhere to sit comfortably outside aside from a few bamboo benches. Best of all, there was a man on the beach bathing his chicken on a leash. Bizarre. In short, it was not the kind of comfortable, relaxing, beautiful place I was hoping for in Anda.

After eating a mediocre breakfast in the otherwise deserted dining room / reception, we decided to leave for the next step up in the Lonely Planet: Flower Beach Resort (which we loved and I would recommend). When I told them we were leaving, a showdown began with the owner of Dapdap, Ms. Lim. She immediately demanded another P200 on the premise that the P700 price we had agreed upon was based upon our original intent to stay 3 nights or so. When I refused to pay this, she turned nasty and a little ridiculous. She accused us of lying to her about staying 3 nights, so I explained to her that had been our intent until we saw the place, didn't like it, and therefore decided to leave. Apparently this did not placate her and she began to repeat that she had lived in California, as if I wouldn't dare cross someone who had lived in the US. She then said some vague threats about the law and that her family was very well known in Bohol, presumably to intimidate me into paying. I told her I was quite sure I was under no legal obligation to pay her P900 and continued to refuse. Eventually she gave up and walked away, not to be seen again. I was quite glad I hadn't prepaid.

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty much the same. The only choice is fan or A/C.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank ede3
Reviewed August 11, 2012

the owner, an old philippina who's bitter and hateful, must have ordered someone to enter my room in the night! There was a small note and my wallet was opened. Other things were moved when i woke up. Nothing was missing but it was a big warning for me to leave. First, the evening before at 8 pm the I was told that thay made a mistake and that i had to pay 1500PP instead of 900PP. You can not do like that, because there is nowhere to go at that time so i told them i was a reporter of the lonely planet and i had to report about this. The only reason i can think of is that i insulted the 'lady' when i asked her about the price of the part of land she is selling. A piece of rocky ground. The price she asked was way to high and must be related to the fact that i'm a foreigner. So sincerely i told her that that was "mas mahal"; way too much and that she could not do business like that. Then her eyes already turned into devils eyes.. Later i walked around to see the other nipa huts and then she saw me and told me that i was lost and had to go.. Very strange. I had no intention at all to do any negative things. Considering what happened i would recommend no one to go there. Ofcourse this is MY experience and i heard a couple who had a better stay but they didn't talk to the woman and were thinking in dollars, not in peso. Maybe then you are welcome if you just pay and shut up..Many other people i talked to after this scary experience shared with me negative experiences about this witch. Besides the quality of the room, matrasses, aircon which is also really old.

Room Tip: DON'T GO HERE!!! the beach is small and not really suited for swimming. the rooms are of lous...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank carlo h
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We were expecting a 3 kmsandy beach - the beach was only 40 meters and the sand was not in wanter - here was rocks and corals... not that that is bad but we had a 3 year old guy with us.

Room we got from Madam Grace was really nice,- it had all we needed. Room was really nice!

Restaurant on the site could improve a lot. Hotdogs were cremated until unrecognizable, there was a lack on most things on the menu - and in all: It was not very tasty and there was no optional restaurants to go to near.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Monica S
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This place was a little bit odd.

We found there was just not much thought into the place at all. The cottages sort of ignored the fact that they were near a beach. There were absolutely no places where you could comfortably sit near the beach. The chairs outside the cottages were quite uncomfortable, the gazebos were not designed for relaxing.

Even in the oddly placed and quite restaurant, you couldn't see the beach from the square-wooden chairs.

I would say to either invest in one of the more expensive places up, or just visit another beach altogether.

The one redeeming feature was that their food was decent, though the choice was 100% Filipino with no deviation from this style.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Yulboy
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Rooms are in disrepair and could be cleaner. Despite having a reservation and the only guests at the resort we had to change rooms because there seemed to be an issue supplying water. Old air conditioners were very noisy. One of the bed mattresses was so old, worn and uncomfortable it was unusable. The resort beach attracts a lot of locals which is great but they arrive early and there are no tables and umbrellas left for the resort guests. No facility to rent dive or snorkel gear, no toys at all really. Staff are helpful and will arrange for you to rent sports equipment from other resorts. Food is passable. If the cost was half of what they charge a person might consider staying here. The beach is smaller but nice.

Room Tip: Consider other nearby resorts
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family