Words can not describe the appalling service and resulting dispute that we are still involved with following our wedding at the Chateau de Cas. We booked our wedding at this venue, mainly because it is beautiful and we were excited that our friends would be able to meet around the pool.
When we arrived three days before our wedding, we were greeted by the smell of eau de vie on the female caretaker's breath and her paranoid accusations. These continued throughout our stay and went from bad to worse. Her accomplice is, despite his size, full of venom too. The disdain they show towards their guests is second to none.
- we were never once allowed near the pool, it was kept under lock and key, no explanation was ever given.
- complaints to the owners in Paris were not answered until several months after.
- the owners changed our contract terms on a daily basis
- our guests who had paid to stay longer were eventually threatened physically and had to leave.
- constant demands were made by the caretakers throughout each day
- access to the wedding venue hall was limited on the day, due to their changing the hours agreed.
- The caretakers put consistent pressure on guests throughout
This is a beautiful place and luckily we have great memories of our day, made special by our family and guests. The caretakers and owners did everything they could to destroy this for us, despite being given many opportunities to improve or help. We have now heard that there are numerous complaints about this, some involving the authorities. Weddings have also been cancelled at short notice and moved to other venues.
The venue is well looked after, the issue is that the Chateau effectively is being held captive by the caretakers and guests are not welcome. Vistors BEWARE!