Ami Chenin
$99
Ibis Styles Saumur Gare Centre(Saumur)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Breakfast included
Anne d'Anjou(Saumur)
$117
  • Restaurant
Hotel Du Parc(Saumur)(Great Value!)
$94
$89
Le Londres(Saumur)
$96
$93
$240
$233
Orbitz.com
Les Terrasses de Saumur(Saint-Hilaire-Saint-Florent)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Le Canter(Saint-Hilaire-Saint-Florent)
All reviewsstayed for nightsyogurtloire valleybreadjamhostsfrench
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I booked this through TripAdvisor on grounds of location, price and charm and I was not disappointed (and neither was my wife) when we stayed earlier this year. France and Xavier's home is truly beautiful and they are wonderful hosts who were patient as I struggled with my French and made us feel at home. We enjoyed drinks outdoors with them and felt as if we'd dropped in on a couple of friends.
We also enjoyed a delightful meal served outdoors in the evening sunshine. I can't tell you how much my wife was impressed with my choice.
Part of the charm is in finding Ami Chenin and any difficulties you might have are outweighed by what you find when you get there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at this lovely "bed & breakfast," located in the Loire Valley, immensely. The owners, France and Xavier, are welcoming, charming -- the perfect hosts. The old stone house (complete with its own wine cave) is beautifully restored and decorated. We took advantage of the fact that a table d'hotes is offered, which turned out to be one of the best dinners we had during our 12 day trip to France; delicious and convivial. I booked our room (Aunis -- very spacious, unique in decor, and reasonably priced) through their website (www.amichenin.com). If you are traveling in this region, we recommend staying here -- we did not want to leave!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 11, 2007

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this beautiful home. And then I saw the room - it was magnificent, very large and comfortable. Actually it was more a suite than room - a family of 4 could stay there and still have room to move around. I have a love for homes 3-5 hundred years old and this one did not disappoint. Breakfast outside in the garden was icing on the cake. I would love to return to this region - so much to see. One day just isn't enough.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 12, 2006

A big thank you to the last reviewer. We just came back from an all too brief stay at Ami Chenin. Though we didn't have the room they spoke of, our room was also lovely. The location was great. The surroundings beautiful. Our hosts couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We also had a delicious dinner dinner there, which I would highly recommend, especially if you are there multiple nights (Saumur also has a number of gastronomique restaurants to choose from). Definitely the best Chambre d'hote of our 10 day trip.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank Labuscadora16
Reviewed May 6, 2006

Excellent Bed and Breakfast, well located if you are planning to vist the Loire region.
What a pleasant surprise! 400 year old house, super big room, we got the room Aunis with the Baldaquin bed, we were impressed. Private entrance to our room, big superb bathroom, newly renovated. Super comfortable, very romantic. Great breakfast, friendly owner. Our favorite!

9  Thank Julie6802