We found the Chateau on the internet, it turned out to be one of the most wonderfull days and nights of our trip! The Chateau has been beautifully decorated and the owners were so warm and inviting, it was like staying with friends. It's a short walk into the center of Saumur, and the people we ran into were very nice and friendly. We ate at a great Brasserie called Le Maupassant that had a very friendly staff and great food.
The price was very reasonable for staying in the beautifully appointed rooms and the great bathrooms. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in the Loire Valley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrieres is an elegant chateau, built in 1895 to host balls and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School.It has been artfully restored. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with an heated pool. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrieres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Chateau De Verrieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur