A lovely house within 15 minutes stroll of the centre of town. We had the General's room which is more akin to a suite and was large and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was split with a soaking tub and basin in in one room and a shower, toilet and basin in the other. The owners are delightful and make great restaurant suggestions. Wifi worked well. The swimming pool looked very pleasant though we didn't use it. My only quibble is the cost of breakfast. 17 euros for a basic buffet - and for us that meant coffee, a pastry, an orange juice and maybe a yogurt- is way too much. The price goes up to 22 euros if you want cheese, cold cuts and eggs. My suggestion is to stay here but meander up the restaurant 'au coin' in Saumur where you will enjoy coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice and very good croissant at 17 euros for two people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrières is an élégant Château, built in 1895 to host receptions and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School. It has been artfully restored. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with a heated pool. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrières. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau De Verrieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur