“nice hotel, convenient location, great room friendly ataff”

Ibis Styles Saumur Gare Centre
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Saumur
“nice hotel, convenient location, great room friendly ataff”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

this is the best hotel i had been staying for my 2 weeks trip in France. While i only stay for 2 days, it give me execellent experience all around.- great location, direct facing railway station- parking is not an issue as lots available at railway station which can park overnight- room is new and nice decorated- air conditition is functional even at april ( all other hotel i stay got disabled)- friendly staff- nice dining location and include breakfast..- wifi is good and speedy(no,stupid login procedure)- excellent sunset view from hotel

1 Thank davidipaq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Parthenay, France
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Wife and I booked for my birthday weekend.We had a wonderful welcome from the staff at the desk and were checked in immediately at 12 noon! Great room with view of the station and the River Loire. Very comfortable beds andb/fast included for the priceof 65 Euros.Good b/fasts with fresh o juice and excellent T bags, nice and strong for a change!
Julien recommended an excellent sparkling wine maker where we had a superb guide and tasting. He booked a table for dinner in the town which was excellent and not expensive. All the staff were pleasant and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Will go there again to visit rest of Saumur.

Room Tip: There was not too much train activity so get one overlooking the station which also gives a great vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Canard52
Julien R, Directeur général at Ibis Styles Saumur Gare Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Ibis Styles Saumur.

We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us! Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.

We hope to see you again soon at ibis Styles Saumur!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed for three nights in a single room. Hotel is very new, clean and the manager helps you with everything you nee-he even offered me his bycicle. Hotel is very close to railway station but you can not hear any of trains coming in. Even the breakfast was rich and delicious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Julien R, Directeur général at Ibis Styles Saumur Gare Centre, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear ROSTA H,

Thank you first of all for your confidence.
We remain vigilant for feedback from our customers.
Our work is rewarded by your congratulations.
When you want to return to Ibis Styles Saumur, do not hesitate to let you know with my collaborators.
Best Regards,
Paris, France
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel is rather new, I think a year and something since complete renewal. The only minus is the fact that rooms are rather small. Its convinient and modern, but not spacious. So if you have kids or few bags, go for a larger room. Other than that can't complain.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is not the type of place I normally stay in as a budget traveler, but my original hotel had to cancel my reservation at the last minute due to a family emergency and I was rebooked here. Our double room (huge bed!) was exceptionally comfortable and clean, with a hot shower. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was the best--we are talking about fresh squeezed orange juice!!!! There was free Wifi too. The location was handy to the train station, and about 15 -20 minutes walk to the historical attractions. The winter rate for a double was 74 euro a night, which is a great value considering what you get, so if you can afford it, go for it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PicnicAtTheCathedral
Dear Madam,

We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
We hope to see you again soon at the Ibis Styles Saumur Hotel !

Suffolk
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I chose this hotel for a large party at short notice so I wasn't terribly hopeful; how wrong can you be? We arrived first and I explained in my best schoolgirl French that the rest of the party were following on The two people on reception did me the courtesy of replying in French so I assumed I had been very clever - until they discussed our room selections in perfect English! We were made to feel welcome immediately, which counts for a lot.

Our rooms were amazing. The decor is fabulous, quite different and well thought out. The bed was incredibly comfortable, which is not something I say very often. Everything was beautifully thought out and to a very high standard. There were some lovely touches like a bottle of water and a bag of Haribo each day we were there. Quirky and fun.

I was worried about being close to the station but in the three nights we were there, despite having a room overlooking the station, we neither heard nor saw a train. The sound proofing was excellent.

Breakfast was excellent. A varied choice for a continentatl breakfast. There is a superb coffee machine and also a great range of teas. Fruite and drinks are available all day.

We asked for a recommendation for dinner and the owner, Julian, booked us into a restaurant he regularly eats at and it was first class.

Each Saturday, Julian, the owner, invites a winery in to the hotel to demonstate their wines to guests. What a lovely idea. I ended up buying some quite wonderful Cremant de Saumur and tasted several other excellent wines.

I will definitely visit this hotel again. I loved Saumur but the standard of the hotel contributed to us all having a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I saw several rooms and they were all fabulous.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TamarTiger,

We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner. We hope to see you again soon at the Ibis Styles Saumur Hotel!