“One of Saumur's finest...”

Keating Steak and Wine House
Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Saumur
Cuisines: Argentinean, Barbecue, Central American, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Le specialiste de la Black Angus Keating : Le restaurant au coeur du quartier historique de la ville de Saumur, au pied de l'eglise saint Pierre, ou vous degusterez le meilleur steak de race Black Angus, dans un cadre moderne et decontracte. Le Keating est un restaurant familial, creation de Cyril et Sophie ouvert du mardi au samedi. Cuisine ouverte sur la salle, proposant des formules variees et une carte de plats simples et savoureux. Une grillade unique dans la region reproduisant la cuisson des "asados" -barbecues argentins- Prenez le temps de venir decouvrir et deguster notre selection de viande bovine d'Argentine (viande fraiche de race).
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We are a family of 5 and appreciate really good food and wine. Keating excelled - We returned there twice within a week. My husband and three children LOVED the Côtelettes d’agneau grillées. The selection of dishes on their menu is perfect - a selected few, prepared to absolute perfection.
AND the tea... ANASTASIA - recommended for any tea lover.

The friendliness and attention to keeping everyone satisfied with their meals was in perfect timing.

They also have an organic wine, which I absolutely fell in love with. I was curious to find out where to go and buy a few bottles to bring back with me, and the owner kindly gave me directions to the most wonderful place, which ended up being one of our best Chateau visits. She also gave us directions to a few other interesting sites to visit - if it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have found these amazing sites.

Their location is on Place St Pierre, next to the church with its current renovations. Don't let this stop you from going to this wonderful restaurant.

I will always return when I visit Saumur.

2  Thank Jolanie G

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

If you love meat this is the is the place for you. Clean and modern but with a pleasant atmosphere in a pleasant square.The service was friendly and efficient Wonderful as the fish is in France I had a longing for a steak and the ribeye was delicious as were the accompliments and with coffee and cocnac to finish was an ideal meal for me but if you have a sweet tooth this is catered for.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ordered rib eye steaks and asked these to be well cooked. In our experience the French chefs do not understand the concept of "well done" steaks. But this place did perfect steaks to our liking. It was a melt in the mouth dining experience. We asked for the Irish coffees (these were not on the menu). The waiter produced 2 perfect Irish coffees made with runny single cream. The servers here speak perfect English. The desserts were amazing as well. Thoroughly recommended but go for the wines other than the house wines.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

if you like meat this is the place to go. We ate here twice and the steaks melt in your mouth!
Staff are very friendly, helpful and obliging. You could eat a a leisurely pace and have rests between courses if necessary!!
Unfortunately like a number of restaurants in Place St Pierre the ambience is not helped by the restoration work to the church immediately next to the restaurant but don't let this distract you if you want a good steak.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Excellent meal, fabulous service lovely setting. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal and I was particularly relieved not to see 1664 and Stella on the menu!