“I liked the location”

Ranked #6 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Nantes
La Paz, Bolivia
“I liked the location”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

The location is very nice, just infront of the lieu unique, 5 mins walking from the train station, 2 mins from super market and less than 10 mins walking from nantes center!
The apartment itself is small but decent, bed and bathroom, and all kitchen tools, internet is not free, garage also is not free, but you can park in the street. They clean the room once per week

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank napparawy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
Providence, RI
Reviewed October 11, 2006

I stayed in the Appart'City Hotel in Nantes in September 2006. The experience was terrible! After a long flight from the US all I needed was a modest place to sleep. Unfortunately, the Appart'City Hotel was the wrong place for that.

The rooms in this hotel do not allow customers to switch off the air condition. Consequently, the entire night I was exposed to a constant stream of cold air running over me, which caused me to wake up with a cold. I asked the receptionist very politely to see to it that the air conditioning be switched off. However, when I got back from my conference later that day, the reception was already closed and the air condition was still on. So I slept again in a stream of cold air, while already taking medicine for my sore throat.

The next morning I needed more seious medicine, and of course I asked again to switch the air conditioning off. Here is what I got: The receptionist first wouldn't listen at all, keeping to her computer screen while dismissing my request. I insisted, and then I was told that she was not a magician and didn't know how to switch the thing off, so she said it was my problem. I asked for the manager, so the receptionist gave me a business card with a phone number on it. I wanted to call from the reception but the lady told me that this was really HER number so it would be occupied anyway. She continued insulting me that I was probably some kind of fragile whimp who couldn't stand a little bit of air like all other guests. And then she would not speak in English with me anymore, if I had anything to say I should do so in French. 8-O

I have NEVER been treated so rudely in any other hotel before. If you are sensitive to air conditioning, stay away from the Appart'City in Nantes! If you like to be treated with respect, find another hotel. Nantes is a very beautiful city and you will have a great time there. Just avoid Appart'City Chateau des Ducs!!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — service - a whole week with no new towels, rude receptionist
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank sello

Travelers are raving about these Nantes hotels

Travelers also viewed these Nantes hotels
Richebourg - Saint Clement
Graslin - Commerce
Oceania Hotel de France
Oceania Hotel de France
#1 of 108 in Nantes

Been to Appart'City Nantes Cite des Congres? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Appart'City Nantes Cite des Congres

Property: Appart'City Nantes Cite des Congres
Address: 2 rue Emile Masson, 44000, Nantes, France (Formerly Appart'City Cap Affaires Chateau des Ducs)
Location: France > Pays de la Loire > Loire-Atlantique > Nantes
Business Center with Internet Access Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Nantes
Hotel Class:3 star — Appart'City Nantes Cite des Congres 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Appart'City Nantes Cite des Congres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.