“deception”

Novotel Nantes Centre Bord de Loire
Ranked #28 of 108 Hotels in Nantes
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I booked and prepaid an executive room for my wife's birthday back in November 2011. When checking in at the hotel this February 2012, we were told we were downgraded to a "superieur" room as executive was not available. So this hotel can take a reservation (and your money) but is unable to hold the reservation (they do hold onto your money though)! For compensation, we were offered an upgrade to a suite the next time we ever book there again => big disappointment!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mugia

Reviewed January 21, 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The hotel was pretty decent, right outside a tram stop and nicely equipped rooms. The bad part was the staff for sure. They were not warm and welcoming at all, as soon as we walked in I said Bonjour and then said we have a reservation, the check in agent said oh in English. IF I hadnt prepaid for the room I would have left. THe staff was not welcoming at all ever, except for the day that I checked out (31/12/11) the young lady working then was happy, had no problem with my limited French and turned the whole experience of the hotel from a 0 to maybe a 2 out of 10. Having worked in Hotels before I know people sometimes have bad days, but to be that way for the whole 2 days was not professional to me.
I did receive an email from the hotel manager the same day that I made a review on the Novotel email survey, that was very nice to see that my complaints did not go un-seen. I would probably stay here again, but I wouldnt pre-pay so if I got the rude staff I could walk away.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DevonBill
A TripAdvisor Member
London, ON Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nantes is a wonderful city, historic and entertaining. The Novotel Nantes Centre Bord de Loire Hotel is located just on the island and about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the commercial area of town. When there make you visit the Castle, Ride the Elephant and check out the great bistros and shopping in the centre area.
A veryu easy town to get about in, use the trams and buses they are great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Just stayed for one night with my two children and husband. The staff were very friendly, polite and they let us leave the car parked there for free for the next day. Central and close to les machines-well 20minute walk. We ordered room service and the food and wine were fabulous. A little expensive but a treat!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank clairebeetleboo
Reviewed April 20, 2011

If your staying in Nantes this is the place to go. Staff were friendly with great english. Rooms very clean & well equipped, prices are great and the breakfast was a surprise. Great selection of food.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple