“Welcome- both BY me & TOWARDS me”
Review of chez teresa

chez teresa
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sant Antoni de Portmany, Spain
“Welcome- both BY me & TOWARDS me”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Happened across "chez Teresa " as I was searching for a b&b. My eye was drawn initially by the colourful & unorthodox outside décor and hand-written chalk-board signs & menu's. Popped my head into kitchen and was greeted warmly by Teresa . I asked if she had any rooms but she was full. Liked the inside décor also , which has an air of " organized chaos " to be honest. I don't mean untidy, just that there's so much crammed onto every bit of available shelf-space. But all quaint/interesting stuff. Everything from touristy souvenirs to lovely tea-sets. I asked if she was still serving food to which she replied " yes of course, I don't hold with this stopping serving food at 2 pm " which it seems is the case in most french food establishments . Anyway, said I might return for her €12:50 3 m-course menu.
After I'd found a b&b I climbed back up the hill ( well worth the climb, I reflected later ) to chez Teresa . Had the set-menu ; Petit-pois soup ( served in a pink cup & saucer , nice touch ) which was very welcome as I'd cooled down considerably having cycled all day and the weather was quite grey & cold. Second course was quiche with " proper " chips and a side-salad ( bread-bowl re-filled also ) and finally a very welcome apple-crumble with cream ( which Teresa assures me the french people go for in a big-way... Why WOULDN't they ?! ). All served with Yann Tiersons music from the film " Amelie " played unobtrusively. Very atmospheric. Both Teresa & her hubby / partner chatted with me for a while . One final nice touch, the reciept was hand- written with some nice little sketched daisies adorning it. I'd recommend anyone to call into here for good, simple,reasonably-priced food and a warm welcome. See, Teresa, I said I'd give you a good revue didn't I ?
Scouse guy cycling from St Malo to Nice.

Billings, Montana
“Fun stop”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We biked up to visit the Abbey, and decided to have a cup of coffee (for me) and tea for my wife. We asked at a small establishment about locating a coffee/tea with "goodies" place, and found out the owners were English-speaking and very congenial. They pointed the way to what we were seeking, but we decided to stay at their place and ended up having lunch. We think personable people are as important as good food for a nice lunch, and found both here. We enjoyed a tour of their small B and B after we had lunch at one of their outside tables, and left them to tour the Abbey happy and well-fed. It was a wonderful stop.

Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Jacky R”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Found this place by accident after visiting the Abbey and had afternoon tea - great cakes and scones. Chatting to the owner I realised that in fact it was an entirely vegetarian menu, all of which was freshly produced from local produce. We decided, after discovering that it was a veggi restaurant to return the following evening for a curry - this was a mushroom curry and it was the best thing I have tasted outside Birmingham !! The extras, dahl and Bombay potatoes, really complimented the curry. Surprised they don't advertise themselves as a Vegetarian Restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
“Very Charming”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The interior decor is very charming. The walls and part of the ceiling are covered in teapots, teacups, antique postcards, plates, napkins, etc. Definitely an experience just to sit in such a room. The food was decent, and the tea was very good. There is a private upstairs dining room that you should ask about.

• Visited August 2013
“Just a bit disapointed....”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

A trip adviser choice and we were impressed by the decor and ambience. Owners very English and charming- food not really that good. I suspect afternoon tea is great but lunch was not. Menu is limited. I had a smoked salmon starter and vegetarian quiche with salad. Both ok. Apple pie was just weird with concrete pastry. Omelettes ordered by the rest of the party were described as fine.
I think you can do better in the village nearby.

Visited September 2013