“Been here twice, and still wanting more!”
Review of Kaboul

Kaboul
Ranked #63 of 688 Restaurants in Rouen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a really lovely little restaurant in the back streets of Rouen. It is very reasonably priced, and the food is delicious! The staff are very friendly and helpful, especially in helping me to pronounce the names of the food! The room is very nicely decorated and has a great atmosphere for couples or families. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who likes food with delicate but delightful flavours. I will definitely be going back!
I have been here twice, the first time on a Wednesday and the second on a Friday evening. I would suggest you book at the weekend, but we just walked in off the street both times and they were very accommodating all the same.

1  Thank 554rou

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had never tried Afghan food before this visit and was pleasantly surprised.
The food was mild, yet flavoursome (such as fragrant rice, and rich garlic and tomato sauces). Every dish had character; even the Kawa tea was flavaoured with almonds and cardomom and other spices. I recommend the gobajaman (?) for dessert.
However what really stood out for us was the service. The owner was attentive and personable and we left feeling welcome again.
The restaurant was fairly quiet but it was a weekday. The ambience was not uncomfortable in any case, contrary to other reviews.
We chose from the €16,50 set menu, which we found to be of very fair value (there was also a €19,50 one which had a few more different dishes).
A very pleasant evening in general!

1  Thank Katie B
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We visited Kaboul tonight, the restaurant was pretty empty, not a good sign. The owner was pleasant & helpful. The disappointment was the food. Small portions and not very tasty. I disappointed. To think that it was rated above Gill, is somewhat ridicules.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I ate here twice on a recent visit, largely because of Tripadvisor reviews. I concur with everything said about the friendly service and very good food. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. This is not a restaurant for those seeking a fiery Nage or Vindaloo (my normal choices in an Indian restaurant). Flavours are subtle and delicate, not remotely fierce, and suitable for anyone seeking an interesting experience that does not frighten any horses. Definitely one to revisit.

1  Thank MichaelBM
Reviewed September 28, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this restaurant. It is clean, atmospheric and the service was OK. However, I was disappointed. I don't really know what I expected, but whatever it was I didn't find it here. I am a fan of spiced food and eat a lot of what we English term 'Indian' food. Perhaps that is what I was expecting. What I ended up with was pasta parcels, similar to large, mis-shaped versions of ravioli, in a fairly bland tomato sauce. Not at all what I was expecting. My husband's meal was, once again, perfectly OK, but not very flavourful. My pudding was delicious - a creamy milk pudding flavoured with cardamom. I am sorry I cannot be more positive about the whole experience, but for us it just didn't hit the mark at all.