“Great location, bags of character” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Morand

Hotel Morand
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Rouen
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, bags of character”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We found the place very comfortable, the breakfast pleasant and plentiful and the staff friendly. The room wasn't especially modern, but had lots of character and a pleasant street view. The location is very central but also fairly quiet, on a side street, and the town is very pretty and well worth a visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Geoff S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Nice, simple old-fashioned hotel that offers a central location and good value. Pleasant, clean rooms with no horrible air conditioning to ruin your night's sleep and friendly staff - job done!

Perfect for a short stay in Rouen and right next to the fantastic Musée des Beaux-Arts.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were a mother and son travelling together . This was the perfect place for us close to the train station and the sites . The staff at reception were warm and welcoming . Breakfast was lovely in the breakfast /sitting area! My only complaint was a musty smell in room but I think it was the smell of old wood from the antiques .

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Bentsonvie
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Bentsonvie,
First Of All ,thanks so much for that review. I see precisely who you are .i remember these 2 charming women .
I am sure the musty smell did not disturb your stay. It's indeed a little smell , the wood one.
This building is a renovated coaching inn , moreover an old post relay from the 17th century !
That could explain to other travellers your remark .
It will be a pleasure to host you again , thanks one more time !
To conclude , always book on our official website and like us on social networks we will offer you between 10 an 40% discount if you help us with direct bookings !
Moreover, you can find here , on trip advisor a promo code "morand76" which gives you 15% all year long and more on our official website!
My name is Thomas , i own this property , why don't you call me directly to book your stay ?
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited Rouen in December 13 and while staying at this adorable hotel we got engaged! So needless to say we love the place. It's full of character and quirks. It has a fantastic location too. I would recommend to anyone! We will defiantly be back in the future!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaguarW
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear JaguarW,
First Of All ,thanks so much for that review. I see precisely who you are .i remember these 2 fantastic lovers .
It was a shared pleasure and you know it as well !
It will be a pleasure to host you again , thanks one more time !
To conclude , always book on our official website and like us on social networks we will offer you between 10 an 35% discount if you help us with direct bookings !
Rouen, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The best value for money, and not much money, BUT the real value of this hotel is the service, specialy of the owner/manager who help and good advice on any matter are valuble.
The hotel 2 min from train, BEST position you can get in Rouen.
Rooms old fashion decoration, nice and the most important CLEAN.
HIGHLY recommended after our ~2weeks stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank yairschwartz
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear yairschwartz ,

First Of All ,thanks so much for that review. You know it i see precisely who you are .
It was a shared pleasure and all your family know it as well !
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Brilliant little hotel, close to the heart of the city. Staff very helpful
on arrival, and parking was close by, either on the street on in the underground
Car park. Hotel very old & characterful, but at the same time warm & cosy.
Breakfast in small dining area was the usual continental offering, but nicely served.
All in all very good value if you don't like big chain hotels.

Room Tip: There is no lift if you can't do stairs!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary B
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Mary B,

WOW is the first word that comes to mind when I read your review. I sincerely thank you on behalf of all the team for the very special attention you had for each member of the font desk staff.

I am very grateful that you took the time to write such a nice review. It really was a pleasure to have you and your husband for such a short etape before driving to dordogne .

You have all my details so do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.

Like Mary B , book on our official website and redeem the cheapest offers ! Like / join us on social networks and get between 10 to 35% discount all year long ! Only on our official website or call me directly , i am Thomas the owner , why don't you book with me directly :

Please find my direct line : +332 35 71 46 07

I look forward to welcoming you back soon or for another special occasion!

Best Regards to you and your husband.

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This very well situated establishment offers spotlessly clean, pleasant rooms at a very affordable price. It is a stone's throw from the majestic looking train station and within comfortable walking distance to the lovely Cathedral and old town centre. There is a hospitality tray which is most welcome on a cold autumnal evening. The bathroom is small but perfectly formed, i. e. modern, functional, with good hot water and also a hair dryer. Breakfast is quite acceptable, with fresh crunchy baguette, croissant and some processed cheese. My only quibble is the lack of net curtains in the room which means you cannot get any privacy without drawing the heavy curtains and switching the lights on. So all in all a convenient inexpensive place where I will be coming back to explore the city further.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank vic_ok
Dear vic_ok,
Thanks for leaving us this Great feedback.
I see precisely who you are and i want to thank your sincerity but almost your objectivity concerning this review.
You told to travellers the simple truth : A good value for money ! yes , it's what we are here ....
Concerning your remark towards our curtains , i want to precise to other travellers that we do not have a problem of intimity here due to the fact that it's a very quiet area and they are no more neighboors here and moreover all our rooms are equiped with blackout curtains ( allowed in 2 star classification ) . However , i know that a veil curtain could be a good improvment that's why i will think about it ! thanks for your remark ! that's also Trip advisor's purpose : help us to improve our level services again and again !