“Unexpected delight”

Hotel de Bourgtheroulde
Ranked #13 of 80 things to do in Rouen
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A converted medieval building to an ultra modern hotel- usually the last place I want to stay but this was excellent. Staff was a mixture of snooty and friendly. Very expensive for Rouen and it does has a tendency to trap you into the tourist area because it is so lovely. Great for a special occasion. The spa/pool is spectacular being located under the foyer of the lobby with a spectacular glass roof.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a very lovely hotel, centrally located in the most historic part of this scenic city. We could walk to the Cathedral, shops, and the restaurant where we had dinner, La Couronne. We only stayed one night, but it was a great start to our Normandy tour.

1  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just had to visit the recently opened Hotel de Bourgtheroulde, having witnessed the renovation works take place over a long time. The hotel occupies several of some of the oldest buildings in down-town Rouen, and the mixture of well-restored antiquity and super-modern is absolutely stunning.
In the reception hall one walks over a section of glass floor panels, and looking through them one sees guests swimming in the pool below. Wow!

2  Thank Miguel M
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I just can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is. The location on a pedestrian plaza in the historic part of Rouen is perfect. The exterior of the building is beautiful and reflects the historic character of the location, while the interior is contemporary yet comfortable. My "prestige" level room was large with an incredibly nice bathroom. But what really set the hotel apart was the service, which exceeded anything I have found anywhere else in France. All of the staff seemed to speak English at least somewhat, and most spoke it pretty fluently. The spa area found me a spa service when I made a last minute request, and the treatment was superlative and well-priced -- followed by tea next to the gorgeous basement level pool. I wish that I had spent my entire vacation at this hotel, instead of just my last evening. It is the type of hotel that makes you feel like you have made an excellent investment in your own well-being!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is worth the walk to get the as it has been restored and is really beautiful. There is a restaurant and hotel 5 stars. P
Hoots are permitted.