All reviewsexcellent locationcity hoteltop floorhotel barone night staythe main squarepark your carsmall hotelfew minutes walkold marketsmall roomcentral locationstar hotelbreadateliercathedralparking
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

This small hotel is perfectly located to visit key sites in Rouen. It is easily accessible from the autoroute and there's parking nearby. We strolled over to the cathedral and along the main pedestrian route past the Gros Horloge. The hotel has a friendly little bar. Breakfast is served in the bar.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
road76, Propriétaire at Hotel De L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Sir,

thank you very much for you light comment, it reflects who we are and what we do
thanks again, and we hope to welcome you another time
keep in touch

Georges Andre Piat

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I booked a room in Hotel de l'Europe (Rouen) for 1 night via booking.com. On the date of check-in I received a mail from Booking that I need to update details of my credit card because of some issues with the payment, which I quickly did. In an hour I received a message from the hotel that my card is invalid, they were not able to debit it and my reservation is cancelled. I immediately responded asking them not to cancel the booking and proposed to provide another card details. There was no response, so I called the hotel. A man picked up the phone, I explained my problem, but he just said that my card is invalid, so they cancelled the booking, and then he said that he is very busy and hung up.
After that I checked the card that I have provided by purchasing something in the internet, the payment went fine, without any problems.
I am a frequent traveler, but it's the first time I experience such a terrible attitude. To cancel the booking without any valid reasons on the arrival date and then not even trying to solve the problem is absolutely unacceptable and goes against any rules. People who treat clients in such an ugly way should never work in this industry.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Igor C
road76, Propriétaire at Hotel De L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Sir,
We have nothing to tell you about . you make a reservation with an invalid credit card, and you said you are a frequent traveller ???
the day on your arrival we make as usual, a pre authorization on your credit card which are invalid, and this for a reservation done on booking.com 3 weeks ago. we know that booking.com never verified credit card and we have to do the business. what will happened if after staying and leaving the hotel without paying ? i should debt the card done and unfortunately won't get any money. If you are a REAL traveller you won't make this kind of mistake EZ booking with an invalid card. Client we try to cheat hotelkeeper like this should never travel

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night in Rouen, hotel was in perfect location right next to the old town and the Atelier room had an amazing roof terrace. Owner was very helpful before by email and on arrival. For city centre hotel parking was very close and convenient

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
road76, Propriétaire at Hotel De L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

thank you so much for your king message, nick
5 points, game and match !!!!!

cheers

Georges andre piat
Owner

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We arrived after a long journey at 17:00hrs . The receptionist was apologetic that there was no parking so directed us to the underground car park around the corner, this suited us as the car was full of other people's luggage. After signing in we were given the key and showen to the world's smallest lift , really only suitable for one person and a bag .
Our room was functional, the bathroom tiny ( there was more room in the shower room on the ferry ) . No tea coffee facilities and no water , which I feel is almost a minimum now days .
Comfortable bed and a quite street outside made for a good nights sleep.
We did not take breakfast as had to catch a ferry .
Overall impression a reasonable city hotel in a very good position , not somewhere I would wish to spend a week , but perfectly comfortable for a city break .

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
road76, Propriétaire at Hotel De L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

good afternoon David,

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor. Our hotel was originally created in 1950, and at that time the security required for an elevator was less than today. Our lift has been fully renovated and then needed some transformation in order to pass the control committee. Yes it is small but we are a Hilton hotel by the way, and we only have 24 rooms. And your room was on the first floor. I agree about the smallest bathroom, but it is the smallest one of the hotel and we regret that you get it. We have privileged the room size 20m2 room which is the place where normally we spent the most part of the trip. Also, we do not have a courtesy tray which is specified in our hotel brochure in Expedia data, but on the other hand there is a bar where you could have water,coffee and ice on Request 24/24. You surely travel in more luxury hotel than ours, but our hotel is only classified 3 stars. Obviously you require from an independent hotel what the chains offers but has much higher prices. At the impossible no one is held, then we try to serve a suitable performance for our rank, and for the greatest comfort of our customers
georges andre Piat
Owner

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our one night stay here, the room was very clean and spacious with a lovely clean large bathroom. Our room was on the front so quite noisy when we had our window opened. The staff were excellent very helpful, telling us about local happenings regarding the Cathedral. The only disappointment was breakfast, in my opinion it wasn't worth 14 euros per person, very little choice, especially with the fresh fruit and breads.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
road76, Propriétaire at Hotel De L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Hello Elaine,

We are particularly sensitive to your comment because you seem to be an objective person, who gave a good analysis of the overallity of a stay as evidenced by your many comments.

It is true that Rouen is more famous for its monuments than for its heat peaks and unfortunately we have not yet invested in air conditioning. However the hotel is double glazed windows and in the city center, so sometimes noisy for the sleeping side street.( if you like to sleep windows opened)

Either for the breakfast, you are also right, it is a rack rate and oftenly the breakfast is packaged with a reservation directly or via our website.

If you want to come back for a next future staying, , contact me personally, I would offer for the price of the superior room an upgrade to a "signature room" without noise for some and for another with a private roof garden overlooking on rouen's cathedral

I t( sorry WE) thank you for this comment as we would like to find some like this, more ofently.

Sincerely