All reviewsexcellent locationcity hoteltop floorhotel barone night staythe main squarepark your carsmall hotelfew minutes walkold marketsmall roomcentral locationstar hotelbreadateliercathedralparking
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

First day of holiday and driving from Calais to Le Mans en route to South ofFrance we were caught in the worst storm I've ever experienced and had to make an Unscheduled stop in Rouen. Booked this place late at night from my iPhone. Friendly staff set up sofa bed for kids and we settled in for one of the worst nights sleeps in a long time. Suffocatingly hot, and the window is the perfect height for a small child to fall out of! No option to partially open- it was all or nothing. Couple that with paper thin walls and the sound of a ferocious thunderstorm, drunks shouting in the street outside and the people across the hall bonking frantically and it was not a pleasant experience. Friendly staff and a good location recommend this place but in the heat of the summer I would opt for somewhere with safer windows and air con that doesn't cost 140 euros a night for a very basic room.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SMCLT
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The room was small but adequate and clean with a comfortable bad To be honest I would have given it a higher rating except for the bathroom which was the narrowest i have ever seen. Getting in and out of the shower was a bit of a squeeze. Still for 2 nights it was fine. The other thing is that the roof terrace that I had read about was closed. No major groans though.

Now to the good bits...it is 2 mins walk from the old market square which is beautiful. there are many restaurants and bars within 1-2 mins walk. They also have a deal with the underground car park just round the corner so 16hrs is 9 euros. This meant we left the car with peace of mind.

The staff were really helpful and friendly. This makes a real difference in peoples perception of a hotel.

Overall i would say good value for money and I would stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank freestyletravel
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here two nights on motorcycle trip- the handy secure parking always a bonus. I liked the fact they are trying to be a bit different, our room was funky and had a great roof garden decked out with all kinds of automobile related stuff- even traffic lights. The roof terrace has a great view of the city and seating to enjoy the views.
Location is good- you don;t have to negotiate much traffic to reach it and it is an easy walk into town.
One tip- watch out when booking online, they have a day rate which is a bit confusing, luckily the hotel picked up my mistake and emailed me.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thissceptredisle
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We weren't sure what to expect after the informal booking process (e-mail, no web forms or confirmation codes), but it turned out to be wonderful. Lovely room with a terrace overlooking the city; diverse and delicious breakfast fare; convenient access to major tourist attractions. Two very pleasant days in Rouen, and we'd love to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: if you can get the top floor room with a terrace, during the warmer season, it's worth the modest additional cost.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patrick G
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I visited Rouen a few days ago and I was booked by my hosts at Hotel de l'Europe. The location is stellar: in the middle of old Rouen, close to all interesting places and to an underground parking for those driving (there is a special fee arrangement with the hotel). The room (I didn't get one of the hotel's three larger suites) was tiny, not unusual by French standards and the bathroom tinier still but the bedding was excellent and the window on the courtyard meant no noise. The hotel in itself isn't grand, what makes it so are the owners (lovely people who go out of their way to get you whatever you need and help you anyway they can), the location again and the delicious breakfast served by lovely people. I usually like bigger and better appointed rooms but I'll make an exception any day for the privilege to stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business