“Lovely Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasserie Paul

Brasserie Paul
Ranked #52 of 643 Restaurants in Rouen
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Jose, California
“Lovely Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Very attentive servers (including owner) who make sure that you enjoy your dinner, outside or inside.

Visited July 2014

Kilkenny, Ireland
“Excellent, professional service in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We chanced on this restaurant on a busy summer evening and liked it so much that we decided to go back the next night. We were particularly impressed by the efficiency of the staff - there seemed to be only 3 waiters, coping with tables both inside and out, but everyone who arrived was seated without delay, "daily specials" explained and orders taken. Prices were quite reasonable and the house wine (by glass or 50 cl carafe) was pretty good. We initially decided to have just one course, but we felt so relaxed and did not feel rushed to leave the table, so after a bit of rest, we ordered desserts.
The next evening we decided to go for the 3 course special. Food was *middle of the road" French - steak tartare was excellent and a lot of people seemed to be having salmon tartare which looked pretty good. I tried the andouillette sausage -the waitress checked that I knew what it was (http://unclestinky.wordpress.com/2008/01/14/andouillette-french-pig-colon-sausage/). It was rather strong tasting, but served with a tasty sauce.
Paul's is right beside the cathedral, on a corner - there is another restaurant a few doors along, also called Paul's - I don't know if there is any connection.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Efficient and friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Lovely pavement restaurant, but not very creative French cuisine. If I closed my eyes I could have been eating in London.
The staff were friendly and efficient and did their very best for the customers.

Visited July 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good dinner in beautiful Rouen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had a nice dinner for three (myself, my wife and our 16 years old son) at Brasserie Paul in Rouen.
The food was good - A steak for me, salad for my wife and a burger for my son. Not incredible, but good. The desserts were even better - Cream Brulee for my son and a nice collection of 4 mini desserts for my wife and I.
The restaurant is located in a great place with nice scenery.
The weak spot of the place was the service that looks to be, somehow anti tourists.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely eaterie with very helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

A tiny little boulangerie (part of a national chain) on a street corner with a single table and four chairs outside, it provided us with a great breakfast. The girl who served us was very tolerant (we're not the easiest of customers!) and the food was good (bread and jam the first day, croissants the next). Recommended.

Visited June 2014