“Unforgettable”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Really one of the best of the city. There is a chef behind this and he knows his job. Great talent, nice presentation, excellent wine. Expensive? Doesn't matter.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Had a corporate dinner at this restaurant. We had a set menu with about 7 small meals. Amuse bouche, foie gras with breads, cauliflower chilled soup with grape sorbet, crab roles, cheese plate and desert. It restored my faith in French food.
All was absolutely delicious and well made. I Loved every dish. Gorgeous presentation. Definitely a have to try place in Rouen.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I tried to book a table, on the restaurant's website and both times got not response When we arrived at the restaurant on schedule time, we were greeted by the maitre that arrogant, told us that we didnt have a booking, so we could not stay in the restaurant, even if we would,like to wait for a table
Lack of respect!

1  Thank BrunoCabral
Benjamin L, Gérant at Restaurant Origine, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear BrunoCabral,

Thank you for taking time to share your short impression on this page.
We receive more than 15 reservations a day on our Web site and have never received any message by e-mail from you, generally, our customers try to confirm by phone if they have no e-mail confirmation as it is written on the response of answer.

My collaborator was absolutely not arrogant with you, but just tried to explain you in several languages the situation.
Furthermore, we do not serve all day in a gourmet restaurant generally, you arrived after 2:00 pm, we could not unfortunately make much more for you. We do only one service.

We work every day to receive well our Guests at the Restaurant Origine, I regret that your first impression was bad. This event is clearly independent from our will.

I hope you have a good stay in our city and find a place to eat this afternoon where our collaborator spend you.

Best regards

Benjamin Lechevallier/ Owner

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Our first meal after a 12 hour intercontinental flight was in this Michelin starred restaurant. We still had our luggage with us from the station before checking in our hotel after lunch.

I opted for the business lunch menu for its light fish & vegetable dishes while my wife opted for just a main course from a la carte. In fact both my dishes also featured in a la carte as well as the degustation menu. All were delicious & had been meticulously prepared/presented, the fish dishes were fresh and delicate. The business lunch menu was a steal given its quality and presentation. Highly recommended,

1  Thank Vitus Y
Reviewed January 27, 2014

each meal of the 8-course dinner, with its associated wine, was perfectly presented, delicate and an explosion of subtle savors.
Staff is extremely attentive, pleasant and simple.