“Simply terrific!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
SAINT LOUIS
“Simply terrific!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Recommended by the cruise director of our boat. A quaint, small and wonderful restaurant! We did the prix fixe menu with 3 courses. Each course had so many selections it was hard to chose. The waitress helped us with our selections. They serve local wines and cheese. Following the main course and before the dessert course the waitress brought a large round basket filled with different kinds of cheeses. What a treat. The meal was served at a leisurely pace and was just a wonderful experience.

1 Thank John B

Somerset
“Deserves its High Rating”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We enjoyed a very pleasant evening at La Petite Auberge. We arrived at the restaurant as it opened, not having reserved a table, and were very pleased to be able to eat outside as it was a warm evening. It was fortunate that we had arrived early, because the restaurant very quickly filled up, and people were being turned away. So if you want to be sure of a table, it's perhaps best to book. It was obvious, by the different languages being spoken at the tables outside, that the restaurant is very popular with the tourists.

The ladies that served us were very friendly and helpful and we found that the timing of the service was just right. Though the restaurant was very busy, we never had to wait too long before we were served our next course.

I opted for the menu at 26.50 Euros and my husband the menu at 36.50. I started with a 'Bolée de Moules à la crème'. I couldn't believe my eyes when the bowlful of mussels arrived at our table. It was a huge bowl filled to overflowing. There were so many mussels that I wasn't able to finish them all, despite the fact that the mussels were extremely good and the cream sauce delicious. My husband very much enjoyed his Foie Gras. The items on the menu were traditionally French and everything that we ate was cooked just right. The steak and the veal chop that we ate for main courses were perfectly cooked and their accompanying sauces very good. The presentation of the food was very simple and as one would serve it at home, but at the end of the meal we both felt that everything had been thoroughly delicious and well worth the money we paid. The restaurant certainly deserves its good rating on Trip Advisor.

After our delicious meal, we strolled through the historic centre of the town and then went to view the amazing architecture of the nearby cathedral.

2 Thank CindyAnn37
Boise, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

On our trip down the Seine from Paris to the Normandy Beaches, we spoiled ourselves with a terrific evening out with 2 other couples at this small, typical "Normandie" cuisine restaurant in the heart of Rouen.

As the 6 of us speak no French, our handy app came in handy when viewing the menu, (totally French) although the server was immensely helpful despite speaking no English. We were met with a friendly, patient young woman who seemed to enjoy the process as much as we did. I recommend the trout almandine as well as the escargot.

A truly lovely evening in a clean, quaint, picturesque restaurant with indoor or outdoor seating. Highly recommend getting a reservation as it is very popular with the locals as well.

1 Thank reelberg
Tampere, Finland
“Wonderful food, service and atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was looking for the best restaurant in Rouen when I saw La Petite Aubergine's review. We first tried to go there for lunch, but it was closed. Next day we decided to check the place again. It was 19.30 and the restaurant was just opening. We were extremely lucky to get in, since the whole restaurant was already booked full! The food was wonderful. Three course dinner with cheese did cost a bit over 22 euros. I was eating escargots (traditional), mixed fish plate (really fresh fish with few mussels and vegetables), cheese and creme brulee. I also recommend to try the cider. I was looking what other people were eating and everything was looking so delicious! The only negative thing was that there was so much food that I felt like bursting after the dinner!
I really recommend this cute restaurant. Remember to book your dinner reservation before going! The place is REALLY popular!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank TheKaichi
“Escape from the rat race”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

After a working week and taking meals in the hotel we were happy to find this small restaurant with a friendly service and excellent meals, the price was the 2nd supprize. We will be back.