“Modern variations on local dishes”
Review of Gill Cote Bistro

Gill Cote Bistro
Ranked #49 of 669 Restaurants in Rouen
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“Modern variations on local dishes”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Gill bistro is in the old market square. The food is based on traditional dishes but made lighter in a modern style. The wine list offers a good range of choices at very reasonable prices. The decor is bright and modern, the service is good.

• Visited April 2013

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Trendy French Bistro”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We called in here on the off chance and got the last table . The atmosphere is great , full of food loving locals and excellent knowledgable staff . The menu is small , simple but just right . The food was very good , in fact this was our best meal during a 6 day trip through France . It would be wise to book as walk ups were turned away all evening .

1 Thank phillip g
NJ
“Cafe Gill Bistro Tres Bon”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

While touring in France with Select Travel of France our Tour Guide Olivier took us to one of his favorite restaurants. Olivier told us that scallops were in season in October but it was a Sunday and all the restaurants were pre-booked. We were in Giverny and very hungry. So Olivier called around and the Cafe Gill had scallops and promised to keep a supply if we could get there in 30 minutes. Well Olivier hurried over in the pouring rain and we had the BEST FOOD of our lives at this tiny hip and quaint Bistro. Everything from the bread to dessert was to die for and freshly prepared. My scallops were so good and fresh. The preparation was so simple but so hard to describe. The earthiness of the scallops was something I never tasted before. The scallops served on the cruise ship couldn't compare to the preparation at Cafe Gill. Then I ordered chocolate mousse. I figured "oh just some chocolate mousse like no big deal". Well it was homemade a la minute and when it came, it was the biggest bowl of chocolate goodness I had ever seen with dark chocolate coating the bottom and a cloud of mousse goodness on top sprinkled with toasted hazelnuts. I thought...I can't eat all of this....and after the first taste...I said...I'm going to savor every spoonful because I will never have anything this heavenly rich and smooth in my life. Yes I ate a whole bowl of chocolate mousse. It was DIVINE! Cafe Gill was filled with French families enjoying good food. It was raining outside but inside Cafe Gill it was warm and I felt like I was back in my mother's womb. This food will make you feel 'Amore'. If you're in Rouen visit Cafe Gill.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank stopwaitingandtravel
“Dinner”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Decided to try the restaurant after reading reviews on Tripadvisor - all good. Had the set meal which was well prepared, service was efficient - compare to a higher end establishment. Good bottle of wine at a reasonable price. Chocolate mousse dessert was absolutely delicious, more than enough for two to share. Can recommend this bistro. Bright and modern decor. All in was less than 100E and half of that was for the wine. (next door to Murphy's pub). Would not say this was for families with younger children.

az
“Small excellent bistro.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent value and excellent food. Service was with a smile and very helpful. Gets very busy about 8 p.m., so get reservtions. 24 Euro for a complete meal.

• Visited October 2012