“Perfectly acceptable, good value”

Ibis Rouen Champ De Mars
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Rouen
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed one night and had 2 rooms for our family of 4. This was a stop over on way home from Brittany. Hotel was easy enough to find and we parked up fine although car park was quite tight, especially if you have a big car. Reception was adequate. Staff member was having to man what seemed a busy bar area as well as incoming guests so we had to wait a few mins to be checked in. Still, the receptionist was friendly and was helpful in giving us a map and explaining where restaurants etc were. The rooms were both fine but air con seemed ineffective and we did find it difficult to sleep on what was a warm evening. Otherwise the bed was comfortable. Hotel is well located for city centre and represents good value at 80 GBP for 2 rooms.

Room Tip: We had rooms at rear, quieter than on busy main road to front.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel difficult to find during current road works in summer 2013. 15 min walk to city centre. Vey comfortable and friendly and helpful staff plus good vale breakfast. We found it good for an overnight stay on route for Calais.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights like other reviews there is roadworks going on and our satnav was not having any of it as the bridge near the hotel is shut so you go around the world. Car park is very tight and small spaces and is charged at 0.50c per hour check in was fast and straight into the room on arrival it smelt of stale smoke opened window was fine. Shower gel in the shower was not replaced and had to ask for some more and the towels are quite thin. The bed is very comfy and the breakfast is good. Some tlc is needed and a good deep clean as there is mould around in the carpet it's a long time since we stayed in an ibis and I know it's now there budget brand but they need to keep up with repairs etc. we had a couple of drinks in the adjoining mecure and Its a good 10 mins walk to the centre

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed 1 night on trip to south. Secure parking if a little tight. Comfortable, clean, basic rooms at good price (47 Euro). Ate evening meal in the MECURE restaurant which is joined to the ibis as we arrived at 7.30pm and did not want to venture out. 15.5 euros for Table de jour which included Main, Desert and coffee. Food was excellent. Did not eat breakfast but looked very busy with nowhere to sit so glad we didn't. Would definitely stay again.

1  Thank tobytykeYorkshire
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife, 10-year old son and I stayed here for one night en route from Brittany to Calais. I chose the hotel because of its numerous 'very good' and 'excellent' Tripadvisor reviews, and I was not disappointed. The room (no. 204) was clean, comfortable and extremely spacious; the traffic on nearby Avenue Aristide Briand did not keep us awake; the breakfast was good and plentiful; the underground car park was a welcome bonus (although a bit tight, and, please note, there is a charge to use it); and the staff were pleasant and helpful!

There was a potentially tricky problem at check-in, but Ibis did not create this - in fact, the hotel staff actually solved it speedily and without complaint! The problem was that I thought I had booked one room for my wife, my 10-year old son and myself, but it turned out that there was no bed for my son - a reminder to check the small print when I book online in future. The receptionist advised me to book through Ibis next time (I had used another site) and went off to find a folding bed, blankets and towels for my son, at no extra charge. A comfortable night followed.

The hotel is a short walk from the cathedral (short for my long legs, anyway). Unfortunately, the journey begins at a large, not-so-lovely building site next door to the hotel.

New visitors to Rouen, please beware of driving in the city! This was my third visit, and each time there have been road works and detours that my 'sat nav' knew nothing about! The city centre may look straightforward on a map but it contains a number of one-way streets and pedestrianized zones - no fun if you are a stranger exhausted after a long drive across France!

That said, I like Rouen a lot and I would choose this hotel again. Thanks to Ibis for 'saving the day'!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The first thing you need to be aware of is that, as you approach the hotel from the North and swing off the main road onto the embankment, the hotel is very close to the junction, and may be obscured by parked coaches, so it is very easy to miss your exit.
The underground car park is a very tight fit, so you may want to avoid with a big car, and they charge €0.50 per hour.
That said, the hotel benefits from the Mercure next door, so there is a decent restaurant and bar that you can use.
The room is standard Ibis stuff - clean and functional with no fills - A/C worked well, which was nice, and the bed was large, and very comfortable.
Bathroom was very clean, with a good shower. Breakfast was pretty basic for €9 each.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back, away from the main road, and we were fine. I suspect we might have had a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple