“Good food, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La voile bleue

La voile bleue
Ranked #8 of 352 Restaurants in Le Havre
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Good food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went here based on the TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed. As an American, this was one of the best dining experiences I've had in France. The folks owning this place were friendly and easy to talk to. The food was quite good. If you don't like seafood, the menu options are a bit limited though.

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My four sisters and I were on a short cruise and stopped off in Le Havre for the day. Incidentally we almost stayed on board as it seemed like a concrete port town but we couldn't have been more wrong - it is a beautiful spot and so clean! Anyway, after a stroll through town we came upon the Voile Bleue and decided to go in for tea/coffee. Although we didn't want any food (time difference made it a bit early) we couldn't have been made more welcome in this small restaurant. A perky, smiley waitress tried out her English on us and we inflicted our tortured French on her with the result that we all had delicious refreshments and as a bonus we bought some of her hand made bracelets! Although we didn't order food ourselves the menu was broad and the prices seemed reasonable. Highly recommended :)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LazyB64
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fab food & great host!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Visited this lovely rustic bistro 8/5/13. Were met by the lovely Muriel owner and host who could not have been more accommodating. Had not pre booked our table for two which was not a problem. Menu was extensive, a seafood lovers heaven and the prices reasonable. We both had the 21 euro lunch special which was a bucket of steaming mussels in a choice of five sauces accompanied by bread, chips and a glass of crisp white wine. This price also included a choice of desserts. We selected the prune tartin which was amazing and a generous portion served. We estimate we had approx. a kilo of mussels each, my sauce was a garlic gorgonzola which was sheer bliss and my friend had a really spicy sauce which also tasted amazing. The bistro is small and had great atmosphere and lovely views to the harbour. It is a little off the beaten track and well worth the short walk. I cannot recommend this enough for a anyone who is a fish and seafood lover. Bon appetit!!

1 Thank Tracey E
london
“Fabulous lunch and lovely people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The service and food in this restaurant is really wonderful. There was 11 people and baby which they accommodated without any trouble. The hamburgers are fantastic and those who ate the shellfish raved about it. The owner spent quite a bit of time talking to us and even took one of our party back to the cruise ship whilst the rest of us took a leisurely walk back.

I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant even if you are only in Le Havre for a day.

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“My 60th Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I took my closest family and friends (12 of us) on a 2 night cruise that was spending my actual 60th birthday in Le Havre. So I decided to search online for a restaurant for lunch. Searching for a restaurant took me to Trip Advisor and the restaurant rated number one in Le Havre was La voile bleue. I looked at other restaurants but when I read the reviews there was no doubting which restaurant I wanted to book.
I was looking for one that had Sea food, fish and meat so that everone would be catered for. I telephoned and got the email address and with a little help from someone who spoke French sorted out the reservation.
To be perfectly honest if I was walking past the restaurant I may well not have gone in but because of all I had read I had no doubts that we were going to have a great lunch.
Muriel the owner (with her husband the chef) were the most lovely people as was the other waitress who worked with Muriel.
One of our party speaks fluent French which of course makes it easier to request something, but the menu is in English as well on a blackboard.
Everyone of us thouroughy enjoyed our meal, Superb prawns, oysters, mussels, steaks or burgers were I think all that we chose. The wine was also excellent and the service was wonderful and friendly.
Make sure that you leave room for deserts, I think we ordered about 8 between us and we all had tastes of them and each one was better than the other.
We found the cost to be very reasonable to what we would pay for anything like that at home and I would recommend La voile bleue to anyone who finds they will be in Le Havre.
At the end of the meal they all decided they fancied a walk of about 45 minutes back to the ship but as I had recently had an operation I asked Muriel if she could call me a taxi she said she would drive me back to the ship which I gratefully accepted.
Fabulous food, fabulous sevice, a great atmosphere, the friendliest people and reasonable prices.