“Lived up to expectations”
Review of Bagatelle

Bagatelle
Ranked #9 of 388 Restaurants in Le Havre
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Recommended by our hoteliers ( The Carmin, a great hotel) The Bagatelle lived up to expectations. Staff were friendly and welcoming. There are a number of fixed price menus to suit the pocket plus a la carte. Four of us each selected different options and so experienced a wide range of food. The plank of charcuterie was great. The only one downside was my entrecôte, which I will avoid next time. The bill was wrong. They missed off a half caraf of red wine. When I pointed this out they waived the charge. That's service!! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Robert B

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I went with my wife and 2 year old. Food and service was excellent. Only downside was the lack of a highchair which made the meal a lot of stressful than we would have liked.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We made reservations for this place upon recommendation, and had high expectations. We were not disappointed. The food is excellent, the service is great and charming.

A must-go for anyone staying in Le havre.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

The music was a plus for me ;) I liked their selection of music, from The Rat Pack to Red Hot Chili Peppers.

The staff: all smiles, caters to English speakers without any hesitation, and just overall pleasant. That counts for a lot, I think, in the overall experience.

The food: So Much Food! But it's ALL GREAT!! Must admit, though... after dinner, my wife and I had to walk around town for quite some time, to walk it off. But it was that good. You just want to keep eating.

My wife had the pork, and I had the sea bass. Both were prepared wonderfully, and was quite to our liking. The bass may seem a bit under cooked for some people, though.

The price: can't beat the price. Three course meal at two price points -- 19 euro and 27 euro, I think... I honestly don't remember the exact price, but the point is that it is reasonably priced and cost performance is awesome.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

If you want to eat very expensive french fries (very good, we admit, just a bit overfried) and have very expensive doggy bag, then follow tripadvisor recommendation (as usual).
Nice ambience and friendly personnel, speaking English. Good starters and desserts. But avoid main course - raw (even burnt, still raw) and bad quality meat.

If you still order and try to eat it, make appointment with your dentist. And as reward for all pain and suffer you may get complementary coffee. Enjoy!

17  Thank ModyDick