“What a find....wonderful”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Swansea, United Kingdom
“What a find....wonderful”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

After wondering around Le Harve for about 20mins having not seen any other restaurants open we were too hungry and tired to look any further and decided to stop here.

We were unsure what to expect ......but what a find.

Plenty of choice, although not the cheapest restaurant (we were still starving at this point!) we chose our meals - mine was a chicken ceaser salad with a side of fries and the other half was a steak. They arrived within 10mins f ordering and we were very surprised - both meals looked amazing. you might not think much about a chicken ceaser salad, but this is the best salad I've ever had! The side order of fries were delicious, and home cooked. The steak arrive quite bloody, after asking for it well done, this was sent back and replaced within 5mins to a perfection.

We also had desert which was also amazing - ice cream with chocolate and a typical french cream bun! awesome.

This is one of the best restaurants ive ever been to - if it wasn't in Le Harve I would be calling back here again for the next trip to france. There's also a lovely view of the centre with the beautiful flowers and fountains.

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable, affordable, memorable and well worth the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and hopefully more visits to this excellent restaurant.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The 1st time we visited I had the Pork Knuckle which was cooked & tasted perfection. However, I should have shared it with a friend as it was a banquet in itself. 2nd, 3rd & 4th visits were the beef bourguignon & lamb in thyme. Mmmmmmm. Can't wait to go back again. Might have to take a few friends to tackle the pork knuckle again though :-)

• Visited March 2013
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“Great place to eat in Le Havre”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We came at this restaurant just wandering around Le Havre looking for a place that had both seafood as well as other items on the menu. And we really enjoyed it. It was a little difficult to find a suitable place because we had a pram with our baby with us but once that was sorted we had a great meal. The seafood platter I took was delicious en fresh and the steak tartare of my husband was so good, I think it's the best I ever tasted. Also the deserts (crème brulee and chocolate mousse) were really good.

All in all I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice place for dinner in Le Havre.

• Visited May 2013
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Sumptious meal”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Despite being well booked out with lunch reservations for Armistice Sunday, we were courteously found a table for two inside the retaurant on a cool wet day. Our waiter was a master of his craft, and I marvelled at the large orders he took and executed with minimal note taking or fuss at adjoining tables. The group had more several parties of late guests, and how he kept track of the whole procedure baffled me.
We had fish soup, main course to choice, and creme catalan... generous portions, and well presented. With 50cl carafe of house red, the bill came to @ 50euros.
Busy and well managed restaurant, proficient and friendly staff.

• Visited November 2012
Wigan
“Great food, reasonable cost and excellent, friendly service.”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and I visited Le Havre during a short cruise on the Queen Elizabeth and asked in the local tobacconists where we could get some oysters for lunch. He recommended Le Bistrot Parisien, which we'd actually walked past and hadn't really liked the look of. We returned and entered to be warmly greeted with a smile and a handshake from the proprietor. We were seated and served quickly. We ordered a dozen oysters (22 Euros) followed by the three course lunchtime special for 16 Euros. The oysters were lovely and my wife considered the foie gras to be the best she'd ever tasted. The food was good, the house wine was reasonable and very drinkable and water was free and quickly replenished by the excellent waitress. The restaurant was very busy with local French people and there was an excellent convivial atmosphere. We certainly wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

• Visited January 2012