“Normandy Week stay in Le Havre”
Review of Hotel Carmin

Hotel Carmin
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Le Havre
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Visited Le Havre for the Normandy week sailing event accompanied by a disabled friend who used to sail with us.Stayed at the Hotel Carmin which was a short walk from the marina.We arrived at the hotel and were made very welcome especially my disabled friend who was helped in every way by the friendly staff.The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast very good with very attentive staff.This made our stay in Le Havre very pleasant and memorable.Many thanks to the Hotel Carmin.We would have no hesitation in returning to the Hotel Carmin if we visit Le Havre again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We enjoyed our time at Hotel Carmin: the lobby is cheerful, the rooms were a decent size and clean, and the location was nice – around the corner from Hotel de Ville, and a short walk to the ocean. Three of us shared a triple room, and the size was fine for us (1 single bed, 1 double bed, plus a single-sized daybed). The staff here were the best part: so friendly, nice, and always ready with suggestions. The hotel isn’t incredibly luxurious – think chain-style Holiday-Inn-esque vibe – but we thought it was a very good value given the cost of other hotels in Le Havre. I’d definitely recommend it if you’re looking for a budget-friendly hotel in this city.

(Of course, whether I'd recommend Le Havre itself is a different story. We found it interesting, but we had personal reasons to visit. If you're coming just for tourism, another town in Normandy might be more interesting. However, if you do go to Le Havre, check out St Joseph's church and take the bus to Etratat -- the bus conveniently stops right across from Hotel Carmin.)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I picked this hotel after reviewing my options in Trip advisor and I was not disappointed.I crossed the channel as a foot passanger and we stayed here for 3 nights.I think there is a shuttle bus from the port to the town but we just walked as it was only 30 minutes to the Hotel which was very easy to find.The hotel is well located between the town and the beach resort area and although on a large road is very quiet.Double glazing (that opens) and shutters were and additional benefit.Clean,orderly and well maintained it is a basic hotel which is reflected in the price.The staff were all fantastic and provided lots of local information and suggestions.I didnt try the breakfast.We were both very pleased with this choice and I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HowieBoldon
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Carmin during a weekend trip to Le Havre for a family member's 50th Birthday. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious and the continental breakfast was lovely. But what made it absolutely fantastic were the staff. They were so helpful and friendly and really helped make our weekend unforgettable. They even gave the Birthday girl some delicious toffees as a Birthday present. I would highly recommend this hotel and we'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jen100184
Reviewed November 16, 2010

The rooms at this hotel are not the most luxurious but they are extremely clean and the bedding is very comfortable. The hotel is very calm, no noisy roads outside and well insulated so you don't hear the person in the room next to you. The service offered is impeccable and what is not offered in luxury in the room is made up for by the attention to detail of the owner. I recommend highly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank saminfrance
Reviewed September 21, 2010

As I'm used to book rather expensive hotels as Hilton and Sheraton I can advise this hotel to anyone who wants a no-nonsense place to sleep .
The hotel is situated 10 minutes walk from the beach in a residential area very quiet at night and is spotless clean .
The owner is very friendly and gave us good advice about the places to go to or to avoid .
Furthermore I found Le Havre rather charming and well worth a more thorough visit.
Excellent restaurants are for example La taverna la paillette and Brasserie Georges...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Alain007
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I spend a week in Le Havre for work and stayed in the Hotel Le Bauza where the owners made my stay a memorable one. I found there more than a warm and kind atmosphere. This is a rather unique and atypical hotel where you are not just treated as a customer but as a TRUE GRUEST. The traveller spending time away from home and feeling (maybe!) too far away from 'sweethome' will soon realise that he/she will feel 'at home'. This is exactly what you will get! I couldn't be happier to talk with the 'lady of the house' or the 'gentleman of the house' after a long and hard day at work . If you are in the area, go and stay there ... you will have a great time and will get first hand what French hospitality is all about!

A French traveller living in the UK

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Voyageusedejour