“"Awesome"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Waitstaff
bury
“"Awesome"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I used to work in Lehavre for 3 years & dined frequently in the city. Subsequently, I now visit about twice a year for weekend reunions with friends (ex colleagues), Looking for a favourite bar (now closed!) on Rue Louis Brindeau, we were drawn to this restuarant, situated a few doors down. After the usual trawl, gazing at menus, came back here to dine around 20h30. How glad were we (me & my son)! I can't say how much we enjoyed it (& he's much harder to please than me, believe me!) - the service, ambience, food all excellent. Being well frenchified, I chose both the capacchio de beouf AND the steak tartare, my son took the salmon (24 Euro menu). The place was humming, but the service level never waivered. Our waiter was happy to converse in good English (maybe he didn't have too much time for my rusty French!) & was very helpful with choices etc. Really well recommended all round - well worth a visit. And.....after no scrimping with the drinks etc I was very pleasantly surprised that it was 20 Euros less than I'd anticipated (62 not 80 ish). Heading here 1st next time will certainly save the traipse!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank lee michael d

London
“Surperb seafood in Le Havre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Eat here 2 years ago when in Le Havre, could not wait to go again this time, this restaurant is excellent and always packed out, arrived at 8pm and luckily got the last table for 1. Great service and "daily specials" are lovely, started with moules followed by the waiters recommended special which was a huge lobster claw, yummy! Very reasonably priced, it must be good as local's kept on being turned away because it was full, and on a Wednesday night! I fully recommend you should eat here, and very close to an excellent hotel called "Hotel Vent D'Ouest" which is close to the port & sea. Enjoy!..

• Visited July 2012