“Great B & B in Honfleur”

La Cour Sainte-Catherine
Ranked #2 of 68 Honfleur B&B and Inns
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“Great B & B in Honfleur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

We were very happy with our two nights at this B & B in Honfleur. It was so warm, cosy and well appointed, with a charming garden. The breakfast room was a wonderful old barn with a welcoming log stove, and classic french bread, coffee & preserves. Secure parking was very convenient, and it was a short walk to all the restaurants, galleries, shops and highlights of this ancient town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KMA199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Morris Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night at this B&B in Normandy, on our way driving down to Bretagne. It was our first trip to Normandy and we really loved the town of Honfleur. The town center with a nice old church and little boutiques and restaurants is 5 minute walk from La Cour Ste Catherine. The only tricky part is parking (we were lucky to find right away a spot to park the car in a nearby street but I guess in peak touristic season it must be more difficult).
The B&B bedroom we had was a big room under the roof, in a little house annexed to the main building of the B&B. The room was nicely decorated and very clean, bed was comfy. The whole place was very quiet, especially at night, even if it was fully booked. We saw a lot of people at breakfast the morning after. The breakfast was good, with local products (juices and cheeses) to taste, as well as good choice of hot beverages (coffee, tea or hot chocolate.)
The little inside patio when you enter the B&B has tables and chairs to sit around and relax. We did not do so as we had only one day and wanted to see the town but it added to the charm and welcoming atmosphere of the place. We also felt quite at home with the two B&B cats wandering around in the patio or just outside the room where all guests are having their breakfast. All in all a very pleasant place

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Isabelle S
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Many B&B's don't want you around in the day and don't have rooms to encourage it - this isn't one of them. There's a small sitting room with loads of board games and books (many in French) for rainy days and we had one of the Cote Ouest rooms which had a lovely big bed and separate seating area. It's minutes walk from the centre and beautifully peaceful. Breakfast is in the old cider press. Honfleur and it's environs are beautiful and clearly influenced some of the early building in West Sussex. We will return

Room Tip: If you have problems with spiral staircases you may not want the room at the top.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sahara-Fi
No. Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

This B&B was very nice and a great location with a easy short walk to the Old Honfleur. The room (the green suite) was very large and beautifully decorated, it felt like home. The bathroom was up-to-date and overall sized alright. The court yard and gardens were beautiful. The parking lot was full but our hostes took us to a free lot about a block away and it was fine. My only issue was the breakfast (which may be different depending on when you stay according to what others wrote) but it was very basic - bread, jam and tea/coffee, that was it. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again. FYI, cash only.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank RAP101
boudinville, Propriétaire at La Cour Sainte-Catherine, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you for your message, it was a real pleasure to welcome you in Honfleur;
I must say you that you had also for the breakfast every day croissant and cheese.
I hope to see you again in Honfleur
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Cour Sainte-Catherine for one night in Sept. 2011. It was our first night in Normandy (one of my favorite regions in Paris), and Honfleur was a nice town to start the Normandy leg of our trip.
-Pros: We stayed in the separate house on the top floor, and it was spacious and quiet. In fact, I do not know if there was anyone else staying in that building the night we were there. Good size bathroom, and nice furnishings. Breakfast was good, with the famous Normandy apple juice instead of OJ (which I really enjoyed)
-Cons: The owner was out of town, and a friend was managing the B&B. While I was fine with that since the friend spoke English, she seemed very busy, and did not give us a lot of info about our stay. As a result, we did not realize that the main doors would be locked when we returned from dinner. Luckily, we found a side door for nigh-time use, but that was scary when the streets were deserted, we did not have a phone, and thought we were locked out of the B&B for the night. Also, we rented the Marine room, and there was a strange rope-like material on the ground as the carpeting (very uncomfortable on bare feet!)

If you have time to see Honfleur, I recommend it. My primary reason for visiting was to go to Entretat the following day, which I HIGHLY recommend if your schedule permits. Entretat was a nice-sized beach town, so you could also stay there as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel L
doudou187178, Responsable réception at La Cour Sainte-Catherine, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at La Cour St Catherine.Due to the birth of twin girls to Madame Giaglis's daughter, in her absence, I was indeed
responsible for your check in and sorry that you feel I didn't give you enough of my time. When I helped you upstairs with your luggage I left you to settle in and told you
about breakfast and where I would be for further information. I apologise if you couldn't find me or if you expected me to return to you. I prefer to leave guests to get
organised and then I can spend more time with them. The result of the lack of information did not result in you nearly being locked out as the old door at the entrance is
never locked with a key, you just turn the handle to open it. I hope this clarifies the situation. Amanda
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

We had wonderful 3 nights in this warm charming place, and enjoyed every moment.
And also special thanks for Amanda from the neighboring b&b, who covered for Lilian with lots of charm.

Yoel, Gail and Noga Manor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Lovely B&B in buildings that were once part of a 17th Augstine Sisters convent in flower-filled courtyard. Quietly located 10 min. walk from the town centre with lots of waterfront restaurants and cafés. We were in a nice, spacious room with a small bathroom on the first floor. Lots of flowers and seating areas in the lovely yard. Breakfast in either coffee shop, or breakfast room. Nice and welcoming host.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple