“What a jewel”

Dining options: Reservations
Salt Lake City
“What a jewel”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Le Gambetta is a small restaurant, seating 30 people tops. The menu changes constantly as it is based on what the chef finds fresh in the market. The atmosphere was very welcoming, due in part to the young woman who served me. She is from Malaga, Spain, and is quite fluent in English, which was a big help to me as I speak no French. The food was terrific. I had a lovely green crunchy salad, and the best scallops I have ever eaten, prepared simply with butter and garlic. I forget what the side offering was, but I know it was good. The servings were generous, and when I absolutely couldn't hold another thing, they wrapped up cheese for me to take as my third course, which I ate for breakfast the next morning. Later on the next day after visiting the Satie Museum (which was my favorite of 15 museums I toured on my trip to France and England), I saw the server and the very young chef taking a break outside the restaurant and had a little chat with them. A thoroughly delightful duo, and I wish them great success with their endeavor.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank utahtexan

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Kitchener, Ontario
“an inviting and warm restaurant....with good food!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Enjoyed this cozy restaurant on a chilly damp evening with an inviting fireplace.
Ana was very welcoming and took good care that we understood the menu.
I remember we started with oysters, and then duck for the main... and that we enjoyed it thoroughly.
If we were going back to Honfleur I would put this restaurant on my list.

1 Thank celticmoon
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Friendly Service but slow”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Overall this was not too bad but we felt it fell well short of the excellent experience that others have found. We were in at 7:30 and were still there at 10:00 which was a bit long for three courses.

London, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant! Go there instead of the tourist traps along the waterfront.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Riotous mix of French, Spanish and English from our waitress makes for a fun and lively evening. The a la cart menu is small, 4 mains and 6 each of starters and desserts. We chose from that and dishes were very good. The fish soup was rich and creamy, served up with freshly made croutons and a small pot of grated cheese. The salad of prawns, guacamole and cubed mango was fresh and sweet. The mains were a lovely saffron risotto with scallops and king prawns ( I think you might even call then giant prawns....) simply grilled with a whiskey sauce. Both really good. The chocolate mousse that followed was excellent, as was the café gourmand - which comprised an espresso coffee, a small portion of the chocolate mousse, a small crime caramel, a small dish of fresh fruits, all washed down with a glass of calvados! Muy bien, as our waitress would say!

Ps. We went back a few nights later and grief their set menu. Our initial good opinion of the place was reaffirmed. Go and try for yourself. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Zimbazz
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

On recommendation we went for a meal and were not disappointed. The service was excellent and the food superb, nothing was too much trouble for the waitress. Well Done.

Visited April 2013