“Superb, should have michelin star”
Review of L'Escale

L'Escale
Ranked #9 of 189 Restaurants in Honfleur
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Second time here in two years. Fantastic meal and service. Very busy - book ahead if expecting a meal after 20.00. Small restaurant will only seat 2-4 numbers in a group. We had seafood platter to start, duck for main and their apple sorbet and Calvados is to die for. Defo michelin star level. Well done all and we look forward to seeing you again.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (302)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took advantage of a business trip to visit Honfleur. L’Escale was recommended to me by a French colleague so I went for dinner. It was amazing! Floriente and the owner Jerome served the entire restaurant all night and did an amazing job!! I have not seen such impressive service in France. The oysters of Normandy were great. Followed by sea bass which also was great! The dessert recommended was the fruit plate...normally not my choice. Also great! I will come back to this very unique town and no doubt eat at L’Escale!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were there twice, once we had the fixed menu for 25€, which is simply a steal, once I had a whole lobster with Beurre Blanc also at a very reasonable price. Competent, quick and friendly service. Nice atmosphere. You could not wish for more.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A very nice restaurant, not far, but well removed, from the super-touristy area around the harbour. The food was excellent, the service was courteous and efficient, and we had a very pleasant evening. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank USABriton
Reviewed September 8, 2019

There are dozens of restaurants in this harbor town and many are mediocre. L’Escale will not disappoint. Reasonably priced for a prix fixe menu. Do make reservations!