We stayed at the Ferme for three nights at the beginning of our Normandy trip, we opted for some luxury since the options are limited in Honfleur and the location suited our driving itineraries quite well. First impressions as we drove up to the property were great. The main building is fantastic with its' splendid bar and seating area, exposed oak beams etc.. Our room was in the pressoir located just to the left on the grounds. I really liked staying where we did, our room was large and comfortable although the bathroom is in real need of an upgrade. The staff did whatever they could to make our stay a memorable one and was also real helpful in assisting us with planning our daytrips. The spa in the basement of the pressoir was adequate with a lovely Jacuzzi (great after a day of sightseeing) but overall again could use an upgrade. All the ladies working there were super nice and helpful. One day the wifi went out and when we returned we found a bottle of champagne on our table as an apology, very impressed. We had dinner the one night. Overal the quality and presentation was very nice, although quite expensive for what we had. During our service we also noticed quite an uneven level of service and professionalism depending on where you were seated in the room. For an establishment that is part of the Relais et Chateaux this seems to me unacceptable and somewhat put a damper on our stay. But overall the good outweighed the bad and I would recommend this hotel, p artly because of the overall hospitality delivered and the stunning location as well as the historic nature of the structure. It really puts you into an "impressionist" state of mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a century after being frequented by impressionist painters seeking inspiration from the magic light of the Côte Fleurie, the Ferme Saint Siméon still seems to still be nourished by tender nostalgia. Perched on the heights of Honfleur, this Normand-style building infused with the soul of yesteryear delicately embraces modern refinement. Facing the Seine river estuary, the rooms full of noble furniture, woodwork, luxurious fabrics,comfort and colours are spread like flower bouquets across the farm, the central building and the ‘Press’.Beneath the garden’s apple trees or in the refined decor of the gastronomic restaurant, guests will be delighted to discover the regional cuisine, after indulging in a relaxing treatment at the Spa, peacefully overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your La Ferme Saint Simeon - Relais et Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Hotel Honfleur
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Honfleur