This is a beautiful Relais & Chateaux hotel loaded with charm. The interior of the main lodge is warm and quaint...the common areas are very comfortable and allow for private conversation. A wonderful outdoor patio, but truthfully the view of the estuary and across to La Havre is less than spectacular as it is fairly industrial and the road just below the hotel can be somewhat noisy. Service is very good, very attentive. We had a garden view room which was large and comfortable and included a generously sized bathroom as well. If you are staying in warmer months be advised there is no air-conditioning and the windows do not have screens. Our room was a bit warm and stuffy the first night, but temperatures cooled and things were more comfortable the second two nights (we were there the first week in October). The hotel is just out of the completely charming town of Honfleur...an easy walk into town (10 minutes) but enough out of town to be quiet. Honfleur is loaded with restaurants and shops...many art galleries, higher end stores, very nice for browsing or shopping. We had dinner one night in the restaurant at the hotel...the most expensive meal I have ever had, and I have eaten out a lot all over the world. The food was very good, but not worth the price charged. Breakfast was also good, but quite pricey. Maybe it was the time of year, but our room was very reasonably priced so it was a bit of a shock when we realized how expensive the food was. Expect to pay over $100 for even the cheapest wine on the menu. Despite the pricey food, I would definitely stay there again. Staff was friendly and very helpful, responding to multiple emails from me on a very timely basis. The hotel is really beautiful and the location is ideal for exploring Normandy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a century after being frequented by impressionist painters seeking inspiration from the magic light of the Côte Fleurie, the Ferme Saint Siméon still seems to still be nourished by tender nostalgia. Perched on the heights of Honfleur, this Normand-style building infused with the soul of yesteryear delicately embraces modern refinement. Facing the Seine river estuary, the rooms full of noble furniture, woodwork, luxurious fabrics,comfort and colours are spread like flower bouquets across the farm, the central building and the ‘Press’.Beneath the garden’s apple trees or in the refined decor of the gastronomic restaurant, guests will be delighted to discover the regional cuisine, after indulging in a relaxing treatment at the Spa, peacefully overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your La Ferme Saint Simeon - Relais et Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Hotel Honfleur
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Honfleur