This place is magical and exceeded our expectations when we visited for four nights in late June. The setting is superb, amid vivid lawns and gardens bursting with blooms that you see from every room- yours (all have window boxes and views of the gardens), the main salon, the dining room and the terraces. Our junior suite was organized more like a suite with lounge and bedroom separated by wall and closet - but for a door between them it would have been a full suite I suppose. While the rooms were not large, they were comfortable and furnished in a more contemporary style with bare light wood floors, lots of ancient paneling and a fabulous bath- one of the better ones at this price point. The spa, pool, hamman and treatments were all top notch, and the al fresco relaxation area was a delight - beautiful to behold and serene. The dining room is gorgeous and warm- big beams and stucco with an array of wonderful artwork splayed across all of the walls. The art competes with the views of the estuary and the Pont de Normande. Our heads were swiveling. The service is very good, and the food is generally excellent. Our only disappointment was on a Sunday evening when the second team staff was not quite up to the task of top French service (every other night was grand and friendly), and two dishes were mis-prepared. We mentioned this to management and the response was truly professional and generous: They treated us to dinner and all wine (the head of the staff selected a bottle of fine Hermitage). We loved it here and plan to return when next in the vicinity. You can sense the presence of Boudin, Corot, Courbet, Monet, Jongkind and the others here. La Ferme left a lasting and fine impression on us. We urge you to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a century after being frequented by impressionist painters seeking inspiration from the magic light of the Côte Fleurie, the Ferme Saint Siméon still seems to still be nourished by tender nostalgia. Perched on the heights of Honfleur, this Normand-style building infused with the soul of yesteryear delicately embraces modern refinement. Facing the Seine river estuary, the rooms full of noble furniture, woodwork, luxurious fabrics,comfort and colours are spread like flower bouquets across the farm, the central building and the ‘Press’.Beneath the garden’s apple trees or in the refined decor of the gastronomic restaurant, guests will be delighted to discover the regional cuisine, after indulging in a relaxing treatment at the Spa, peacefully overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your La Ferme Saint Simeon - Relais et Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Hotel Honfleur
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Honfleur