I recently stayed at this property with my wife and two teenage sons. It was not a good experience. First of all let me state the positives. The actual property is beautiful. The location is very convenient to the heart of Honfleur. The town of Honfleur is a wonderful place to visit full of kind, gracious people. The service at Ferme Saint Simeon is awful. When our car pulled up to the front door we were not greeted by anyone. Our driver finally carried our luggage inside the hotel as the staff watched. We were given two suites on opposite sides of the hotel so our children were far away from us. This obviously was not what we wanted. My two boys, ages 15 and 14 and I walked down to the spa looking for the the health club so we could work out. As we were standing by the pool an employee came up to us said there was no health club and in a nasty way asked us to leave. I have no idea why we were treated this way. We had a dinner reservation. When we came down to the dining room and gave our name the host pointed to a table and said "that one". We were not escorted to our table or seated. After we said down, we were completely ignored. After 10 minutes my wife got up and asked for menus. A disgusted waiter came over and tossed menus at us. After another 15 minutes of being ignored we got up and left. I went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. I was told that there was no manger on duty. At that point the head waiter came over and said to me" This is France not the United States." I politely told him that this was about poor service not what country we were in. I found his comment very offensive. I have traveled to 23 different countries and have visited France many times. Several years ago I was an officer at a company that had a branch in Paris. I am very, very fond of France. I enjoy visiting France immensely, just not this hotel!! I could go on and on here...the WIFI at the hotel stops working every two minutes and asks you to sign in, the stairwells are poorly lit and are difficult to walk up at night, etc. The list goes on and on. I think my 15 year old so summed it up best. He said "Dad, I just did not feel welcome at that hotel." Well, neither did I. When I checked out I asked to speak to the manager again. Once again, there was no manager on duty. I did speak to an assistant manager, but I really wish I could have seen the manager. In contrast to Ferme Saint Simeon, we stayed at The Hotel Meurice in Paris the next 5 nights. The manager personally greeted us and gave us his card. He called me twice during our stay to make sure everything was ok. When we checked out another manager was there to be sure our stay met our expectations. The Ferme Saint Simeon could learn from this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a century after being frequented by impressionist painters seeking inspiration from the magic light of the Côte Fleurie, the Ferme Saint Siméon still seems to still be nourished by tender nostalgia. Perched on the heights of Honfleur, this Normand-style building infused with the soul of yesteryear delicately embraces modern refinement. Facing the Seine river estuary, the rooms full of noble furniture, woodwork, luxurious fabrics,comfort and colours are spread like flower bouquets across the farm, the central building and the ‘Press’.Beneath the garden’s apple trees or in the refined decor of the gastronomic restaurant, guests will be delighted to discover the regional cuisine, after indulging in a relaxing treatment at the Spa, peacefully overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your La Ferme Saint Simeon - Relais et Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Hotel Honfleur
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Honfleur