“Pure arrogance”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Homme de Bois

L'Homme de Bois
Ranked #19 of 163 Restaurants in Honfleur
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Pure arrogance”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Recommended by our B & B host as one of best in Honfleur. Booked for 7.30 and arrived at 7.30. Waited for 20 minutes before anyone decided to serve or offer us anything. Meantime the waiters kept joking amongst themselves and appearing to be oblivious of the diners. Eventually we got a drink at about 8pm. Note: not many in the restaurant at that time. The food was ok when eventually arrived. One main course came not as ordered and the look of disgust would be intimidating for a youngster; even asked if I'd be happy with it!!!! Enough said....

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kerry C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Both class and value”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This ws a popular place and we had to book, it is an upmarket place but also great value - 9 oysters, grilled seabass and nice provencal vegetables, cheese and dessert for 32 euro. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
Sunderland
“Best food in Honfleur”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

After being disappointed at La Tortue (next door), we came here the night after hoping for better, and got it.

Unfortunately, we'd booked early and weren't too hungry so just had a main. I went with Seabass and my partner had salmon ~ both were excellent and came with good pertoins of lovely veg.

The bottle of Muscadet was cold and crisp and reasonably priced.

Service was excellent and we would recomend the place unreservedly.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Pour service”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very slow service and rude reaction of a waitress when we mentioned that to her. I wouldn't recommend it even if the food was pretty good

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went on a busy night. They had a large function upstairs and the service reflected this. We arrived at about 8pm and ordered the 3 course set menu. Our entrees arrived at about 9.15pm and were quite nice (nothing amazing). By 10pm our children were very tired and the main courses had still not arrived. I finally got up and spoke to one of the staff and asked them when the mains were going to arrive. When I was told they would be arriving soon we decided to keep waiting but I said to cancel the desserts because the children were too tired. The mains eventually arrived about 10.15pm. I must say the crevettes or 'scampi' I ordered were very nice - very simply cooked but perfectly done. However, we then asked for the bill and I was presented with a bill for four 3 course set menus. When I complained that we had never received dessert because they had taken far too long to serve our meal a discount was given - but not enough to take it down to a 2 course price. I got the impression that they have such a guaranteed supply of customers they really don't care what people think.

I would never go to this restaurant again and I suggest you try elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013