“Amazing Fruits de Mer Platter” 5 of 5 bubbles

Au Vieux Honfleur
Ranked #78 of 160 Restaurants in Honfleur
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing Fruits de Mer Platter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited here for my husband's birthday and were not disappointed. We were greeted with a photo of Queen Elizabeth II on arrival, and were immediately seated, despite the restaurant being quite full. Starters, Amuse Bouche and mains were all delicious, as was the wine (recommended by the waitress)... Couldn't fault the service and relaxed and classy atmosphere, but the real treat was the fruits de mer, which was the most amazing creation!! Would definitely go back here!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant on our first night in Honfleur and had an excellent dinner. I ordered snails and expecting 6 to come, I was slightly stumped when 12 appeared and by the time I had eaten those plus the obligatory bread for the gallons of garlic butter – I was full. After a pause, I followed this with scallops which brought me to a stand-still and had no room for anything else; my wife had smoked salmon and ‘Carre D’Agneau’ which I am told, was excellent too. All this was washed down with a good bottle of wine. Of the two restaurants we tried for dinner, this was easily the better of the two. I ceainly recommend the service as it was attentive but not over powering.

• Visited August 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great fruits de mer in a lovely setting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely fruits de mer on a very hot Thursday evening in early August. The location of this restaurant is lovely and the view from the terrace is wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed taking time over our fruits de mer and watching the world go by. Service was good and the staff were friendly.

• Visited August 2013
Cotswolds, United Kingdom
“Service?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Have eat here on quite a few occasion's food always top class service can be average. Took the children last time no children's menus and no flexibility to try and do something they would like. I do like this restaurant but it is very expensive for which I would like better service.

Visited July 2013
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Nice meal, service patchy, great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I think the mixed reviews sum this place up. We had booked. It wasn't packed but took quite some time to get a menu.

Despite reasonable French one waiter was determined to pretend he couldn't understand our request for a Virgin Mary despite simple explanation (in French) of the ingredients. An older (owner?) spoke much better French.

For a very touristy area, the food was ok, it was quite expensive, but to be expected on a hot summers day on a Sunday. About 320 Euro for 4 with 1 bottle of wine.

• Visited July 2013