“Dreadfully disappointing”
Review of Cote Resto

Cote Resto
Reserve with
Cote Resto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 172 Restaurants in Honfleur
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the historic district of Honfleur, on Place Saint-Catherine, Côté Resto welcomes you in a charming and friendly setting. The typically Norman decoration with its exposed stone walls and half-timberings will immediately put you in a cozy and relaxing atmosphere. The restaurant has a menu rich in fish and seafood. The quality and freshness of the products are impeccable. Meat enthusiasts will not be left out, the menu offers duck breast, rib steak and other beef tenderloin. We recommend the Royal seafood platter for 2 people: oysters, crabs, clams, langoustines, bullets, periwinkles, sea almonds, shrimps and lobster. An address that is worth a visit whether you are passing through or the area. The service is neat and discreet.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Having visited this gem of a restaurant on two occasions last September, my expectation was dashed tonight, by dried grilled fish, dry potato , inedible chocolate mouse and waiters spread too thin. My oysters were however good. Gone was the sophisticated service and polished food, yet the menus stayed the same. At the end of the meal It materialised that new owners had taken over five months ago.
Very sad and quite embarrassing for me.
Have a meal at Les Maisons du Lea instead. Great innovative food, good value and tremendous service.

1  Thank Jacqueline C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our party of four dined at Cote Resto based on a recommendation by our Honfleur hosts. We were seated outdoors; it was a cool evening, but the heaters were on and didn't feel chilled at all.

Our meals were excellent, the service provided by Rachel was superb. Everything from the appetizer to desert was prepared perfectly, and the presentation was lovely! We all selected the prix fixe "Set Menu" (try the Pave of Salmon...it's outstanding, and ohhh, the Caramel Coupe Cote Resto desert!!). Cote Resto is tops on our list while in Honfleur! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Cote Resto specializes in seafood, and we found the seafood delicious. I had fish soup as an appetizer and a selection of fish as an entree, and very much enjoyed both of them. My husband had oysters for his appetizer, and they were incredible. Like many places in Honfleur, Cote Resto is very accustomed to foreign visitors, so even if you do not speak French, do not fear! There are menus in English

Reviewed May 28, 2014

As the majority of reviews were favourable and given that many restaurants were either full or closed on Sunday night, we decide to try Cote Resto. It was about one third full, the service was average and, as with most of the competition the menu is limited so not to have any Foie Gras knocked 2 options off the list of starters. There are many better places to spend an equivalent amount but best to book to avoid dissappointment.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I eat at this restaurant with my girlfriend. If I go back a second time, it is that I enjoyed the first time. And once again, I was not disappointed.
We still had a great time. The staff is professional and has knowledge about the city (english friendly). Food is good.
The only downside is that the restaurant is popular :) So I can understand the staff could be busy sometimes.