“Excellent food at a reasonable price!”
Review of Les Fontaines

Les Fontaines
Ranked #34 of 166 Restaurants in Honfleur
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Excellent food and a comparatively reasonable price. Try the fixed price menu with the "assortment of sellfish [sic]" and the salmon with onions and capers. Tho chocolate mousse is great!

There are newer reviews for Les Fontaines

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We ate here one evening as I had eaten enough rich sauces and it had a child friendly menu for my daughter. I was expecting a decent but unspectacular meal having eaten out in more expensive restaurants. I should point out that this is not a fine dining restaurant but a place to go when you want some really well preapred basic food. My Pergordine salad was a pleasant starter but the real highlight was the Entrecote steak. I had mine cooked rare and my daughter's medium and both were delicious, tender and flavoursome. They were served with chips, a tub of cold bearnaise sauce and a pichet of the red house wine for myself. The food was wonderfully simple and extremely tasty, a welcome relief from some good but very rich sauces. I finished my meal with apple ice cream served with the local calvados ( powerful apple liqueur) which was a great way fo finish a meal.My daughter loved her meal while my wife was less thrilled with her apple pie. Overall an excellent value meal and a suprising culinary highlight!

1  Thank TimeTraveller21
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We arrived late with a large group and were well treated by the owner and her staff. Table wine, moules frites and the steak were all very good and perfectly prepared. My boys and I prefer the marinier moules but others liked theirs cooked in cream. The green salad was simple but fresh and good. Kids loved their ice cream for dessert. We would gladly go back and recommend this little restaurant.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

When we were in Honfleur, we wanted to try this one, according to many pozitive reviews...first of all, it was small , cozy restaurant...that was positief to me...and I did not want to get sea products, therefore I chose steak...I thought it can be with some normandish sauce of zo... that was in my limited menu
the steak was not good...they served with french frise and it was average food to me.
kitchen got closed at 21 clock or so...then we felt we should leave quickly...service was good...friendly people...

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Read about this on trip adviser and was not disappointed. Good menus, wine avaialble by pichet and bottled wine cheaper than other restaurants.

Good service and well presented and well cooked food with a variety of prices suitable for all.