“The perfect place to stay !”
Review of Peace and Plenty Restaurant - CLOSED

Peace and Plenty Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Peace and Plenty is a family run café bar and restaurant with large south facing garden and pets' corner One of our specialty dishes is pan fried plaice, literally brought ashore here in Rye daily. In summer time our extensive garden is open for cream teas, a full meal or just a beer! We cater for children, and those who have smaller appetites. We have just started our pets’ corned with the introduction of Buttercup and Bluebell (Giant English Rabbits). We are happy to welcome owners and well behaved dogs to our garden. Colleen and Bob look forward to welcoming you to The peace and Plenty one mile from the centre of rye Now the Peace and Plenty also have 3 LUXURY BED AND BREAKFAST ROOMS, check out the pictures on our website.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A lovely warm welcome from Colleen and Bob. On arrival we were offered a complimentary drink and shown to our room - Lavender Room. Beautiful, peaceful, spacious and immaculate - we could not fault anything during our two night stay - except the weather - thunderstorms ! We chose to have the Sunday Roast in the restaurant - a wonderful meal. We can highly recommend the Peace and Plenty both for the B&B and the Restaurant and it will not be long before we return for another stay, perfectly situated just 1-2 miles to the centre of Rye.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very reasonable for what you get recommendable. As far as I was concerned there was nothing to dislike

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were made extremely welcome from the first. Felt we had known Colleen and Bob for years. Then we were escorted to a very clean and comfortable room. Four poster bed! terrific! I really wish we could have stayed longer. Breakfast was superb, beautifully cooked and PLENTY.
If we are in the area again I would certainly stay here. Might have to book well in advance, because I do not think they will be short of bookings. 5 Rose Accommodation? - well and truly earned!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant just outside Rye and well worth a visit.

We visited a few weeks ago with two young children and had a great time. Service was excellent and staff were welcoming and friendly (apart from the man in the kitchen but it could have been an off day for him). The animals outside were a nice addition for the children - including the largest rabbits I've ever seen!

The food was delicious - flavours were very well balanced and cooked very well using fresh local produce.

Would recommend and will be coming back.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We brought my (picky) family from Canada to Peace and Plenty on a day trip around the English countryside. It is a lovely and relaxed spot, with sufficient parking, local ciders, and delicious food. My father and I had the lamb roast, which he loved. My mother's lemon chicken was moist and cooked perfectly. My sister LOVED the chips. And we all thought the desserts were fantastic. The owner was lovely, and we had a nice chat with her as we were leaving. I would wholeheartedly recommend Peace and Plenty to anyone passing through Rye.