“Well worth the extra 50M of walk”
Review of Les P'tits Mousses

Les P'tits Mousses
Reviewed November 15, 2017

As you walk, from the bridge from Deauville, towards the fish market building, Les P'tits Mousses is at the farthest end. The extra few steps are well worth taking. We visited Normandy this week, and like most people, we were focused on good seafood. I'd have happily stopped in the 1st stand at the fishmarket, but my Parisian friend moved me past, and past the next couple stands, to the far end. She said that her experience is that the. first stands are higher priced and less reliable. OK, she's the expert.

We had no trouble ordering in English, I wanted oysters and the gentleman asked how I liked them. We chose two varieties, one less briney than the other, both varieties nice and plump. She choose 600gm of large shrimp and 100gm of bulot. I also ordered some cod fritters (one of my "I'll always try them" items). Two glasses of wine, I took a Pouilliy Fussé & she chose the Chablis.

So, my oysters: clean, delicious, opened and then the top shell placed back to allow stacking. Yes, a totally different taste experience with the two varieties and both were perfect. The Cod Fritters were nicely tasting of cod, and with just a hint of spiciness.

And the shrimp were equally delicious. She was happy to share with me (well not TOO happy, but she is a good person) so I had a few. The Bulot (a kind of snail-ish item, served cooked with a bit of spicy sauce added) are interesting and tasty but not my thing; I still had a couple of them too.

We sat under a cover, with a heater overhead, and were quite comfortable even in November. Service was excellent, to accompany the excellent seafood. You order at the display of available fish and shellfish, and they bring your selection to your table. Note that officially this is a Fish Market, not a restaurant, so if you want bread, bring your own (we did), and there are no restrooms.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank chasinUpstateNewYork

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We ate here after going through the Juno Beach museum, it's a short walk to it from the museum. Food was good but it was a bit hot outside, make sure you get under a shade.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Lovely concept of a line of fish market stalls of which this is one - selling very fresh seafood and providing a smart pavement restaurant - high stools and tables. Great advice from the waiter and great seafood. Choose your times carefully as it gets very busy, especially at weekends.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

This is the sort of lunch you dream of having on your vacation: strolling along the fish market of Trouville, pointing at the oysters you would like to eat (with helpful guidance from the waiters), sitting down at a side-table and being served your fresh seashells with a good glass of chilled Muscadet. Reasonably priced and very helpful and friendly service!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed September 6, 2015

Absolutely excellent, but I thought very expensive (others may not). I indulged in a whole small plastic container full of crab salad, delicious, then a handful of cooked prawns and small amount of smoked salmon washed down with a glass of Chateau Sancerre. The bill came to 25.44 euros, the crab salad being 12 euros. This has to be eaten outside, as this forms part of the Fish Market and the seats were a little too high for me. However, how memorable, and how French! The best place to people watch ever!

Date of visit: August 2015