“never disappoints”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“never disappoints”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

we live close so we try and visit a couple of times a year. Wonderful soups, great ribs and they do a wonderful Mother's Day Buffet every year

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank kat58

Lockport, Canada
“Amazing Ribs”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I go to gaffers a lot, best ribs I have ever had, I recommend them to anybody! Very underrated restaurant. Check it out

• Visited August 2013
Winnipeg
“Satisfied”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went to Gaffer’s Restaurant in Lockport, Manitoba August 1st, 2013. We were there with a large group. The restaurant made up a special menu. There were 4 choices: Sirloin Steak with choice of potato or rice, BBQ Back Ribs, BBQ Chicken Breast, and some kind of salad.
I had the steak with a baked potato and my wife had the chicken breast with rice. It also included a small amount of steamed vegetables. Everything was very good. The steak and the chicken breast came as ordered. Both were nicely spiced. Before the main entree we had house salad with garlic bread sticks. Service was excellent. The servers were quite attentive. One of the guests complained about the tea being cold, the waitress brought new hot tea immediately without complaining.
According to the people who ordered the ribs, they were tasty and the meat tender.
All in all a wonderful experience. We’ve been there before and most of the time we left satisfied with the meal.

• Visited August 2013
“disappointed”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family has been going to Gaffers for years and have been fairly happy with the food and service. The menu has a good selection of meals that makes everyone happy. On our last visit we were very disappointed. I had ordered the Boston prawns and the waitress double checked that I wanted the entree and I had said yes. But when the meals came everyone except for me got the correct meal. I received the garlic shrimp which is an appetizer rather than the entree. I am not one to complain so I ordered a side salad to make it a meal. My husband questioned the waitress of the mix up and she had the manager come and see us. She took off the kids soft drinks off the bill and said that the shrimp appetizer and salad was cheaper than the meal I had ordered. She left it at that. We couldn't believe that. We won't be going to Gaffers for awhile and I am looking for another restaurant in the area. We were celebrating our anniversary.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank wpgdiana
“Pretty average”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Quite large portions for the price. Taco salad was huge.Veal cutlet was also huge portions. However, I personally was not really keen on the sauce and flavor of the cutlets or the quality of the fries.

• Visited May 2013
Gaffers_restaurant, Manager at Gaffer's Restaurant, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello Lionel,

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for reviewing us on trip advisor. The more reviews we have the more accurate our average will be.

I am dissapointed that our Veal Parmesean was not to your satisfaction. If you choose to visit us again I am certain there is something on our menu you will love. In fact we even have an alternate creamy mushroom sauce for the veal that is actually my preference over the tomato sauce.

Please say hi next time you come in, or ask for me if you are making a reservation. I will recommend a meal you cannot resist and personally see to it you and your comapnions have a great experience.

Sincerely Danny & the Gaffers Team (204) 757-2350