“Lisieux is worth two nights”

Premiere Classe Lisieux
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lisieux
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Hotel was easy to find if you do not follow the sat nav at the last 5-10 miles as the French have blocked off one of the routes in with concrete blocks, so end up going round in 30 mile circles. So when you come off the main motorway reprogramme for road block 1/2 mile ahead. The hotel was very clean & the staff helpful but would not speak English although we knew they could. The room was small but all you do is sleep in a room so good enough for the purpose. Breakfast is all can eat for 4.5 Euros but the room is small & can get full at peak times. Macdonalds is right outside but again the staff would not speak English. Well worth the money spent for a cheap stop over. The town is worth a visit with bus stop right outside & costing only 80 cents each, each way.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed good on three floors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We've stayed here on several ocassions now and have always been very happy with the standard of accomodation on offer. The rooms are clean although basic, inc but do include ensuite. For an extra charge you can have a buffet breakfast, which consists of a good range of cereals, breads, fruit, yogurts, juices and hot drinks.
The hotel is positioned slightly out of the city, although within easy reach of the main tourist/ religious sites. There is a McDonalds in the immediate vicinity and several restaurants acorss the road. There is also a petrol station very near by which is handy.
In all Premiere Classe provides good value - we'll certainly be staying there again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

One cannot argue with the good value of this hotel. Rooms are clean although ours seemed to smell of smoke. The design of the room is compact to say the least. Handy to shopping centre and several restaurants within 10 minute walk. Modern design with self check in done through a computer system if reception is unmanned. Parking is ample and wifi was good. Only point of warning is that this style of accommodation is really basic. If just looking for a clean tidy room it's excellent. If wanting a bit of space and a few creature comforts maybe go elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonyh83
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I booked and stayed two nights at this hotel during the Easter holiday (April 2012). I visited from England and drove. The hotel offered the basics that one needs, was good value for the money I paid and if you are looking for luxury, then I suggest you find somewhere else. It was conveniently located for my visits to the D-Day beach (Omaha), American Cemetary, Caen and to Giverny. Cathedral of Saint Thérèse de Lisieux was also a place I visited.

Check in was via a Machine located beside the gate as I arrived at a time that the reception was not manned. The check in was easy as it has various options to retrieve your booking. The wi-fi was free and TV was ok, Shower/Toilet was a Pod-like wet room which I found a little small and unusual but I was satisfied with using the facilities. The hotel is close to a large store and has a McDonalds in front of it. Breakfast was continental with croissant, juice, tea, etc, so do not expect English breakfast with sausage, bacon, baked beans, etc. There is a Buffallo Grill restaurant less than a mile which I found to be nice for lunch or dinner. On the second night of my stay, I drove out and came back after 10pm and the car gate was locked. I had to go through the pedestrian gate to the reception which was closed and I buzzed. The Staff gave me the code to open the gate and told me that the receipt which was printed for me during check in had the Gate code written on it. Well, I told him that I couldnt have known as I didn't quite read the receipt since I was tired after a long trip and was keen on getting my key card and going into the room. Parking was good and I was ok with the security. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay as it met my basic needs and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Just a short review: We stayed overnight heading from Scotland to the Dordogne, and had a great room. It was small, with a double bed and a single, plus a bunk over the double, but we all fitted in.
Right beside McDonalds where we bought coffee at night and in the morning, we didn't pay for breakfast.
Friendly reception staff, and plenty of car parking.

We ate at a restaurant nearby rather than navigating into the town, but I might be more brave next time.

Under 50 euros for an overnight: I can't complain about that!

Room Tip: Free wifi if you read the instructions beside your bed!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DavidC856
Reviewed October 4, 2011

A budget hotel so no restaurant and breakfast was a bit limited but the room though small was clean and neat with satalite TV ensuite shower room. There is a Campanile hotel nearby with a restaurant and you can get a discount. There is also a Mercure Hotel with a restaurant but this is quite expensive. Also a McDonalds & supermarket nearby. The Basilica dedicated to St. Terese near by is worth a visit and there are some nice street cafes in the town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We used it as an overnight stop on our way to and from our holiday. It was very clean and quiet and we had a good nights sleep. Ideal for what we wanted. Rather inpersonal, with a strange check in system. I would not want a long holiday there.

Room Tip: we had a quadruple room which was fine for one night.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family